This Covenant Agreement is made between the NT-NL congregation / ministry receiving this loan. You are agreeing to the following:
- The MEF Relief Funds/Good Faith Loan will only be used for the stated purpose in the application. After receiving the funds, any proposals for changes for use of funds must be sent to Linda Ness, Executive Director of MEF (email@example.com or 682-429-3446), for board approval.
- If you receive financial support from another source, you will apply these funds to your needs before using the Relief Funds. If you receive other financial support for the same purpose as stated in your application, you agree to repay this portion of the MEF Relief Funds to the Mission Endowment Fund via the Synod Office.
- This is a GOOD FAITH LOAN with flexibility based on the ability to repay over a two-year period. Payments can be made in full, in part, or may be forgiven based on the circumstances.
- Reports of accountability will be required after the funds have been issued. You will receive a form to complete.
- There are two digital signatures required, along with contact information for both people, so please make sure you have permission for the other (or for both people) before signing on their behalf and submitting this form.
- I understand, if for any reason this congregation votes to disaffiliate from the ELCA, the funds must be paid back in full immediately.