- This event has passed.
Building Congregational Capacity for Hispanic Ministry
Austin, TX 78705 United States + Google Map
This new Level II Intensive is designed for congregational leaders in those congregations where consideration is being given to starting Hispanic Ministry in their community. Teams from congregations are encouraged to attend. During this week, teams will learn:
- To increase capacity for doing Hispanic ministry
- To learn several models for engaging in Hispanic ministry in congregational settings
- To improve facility in Spanish language, especially liturgical Spanish
- To build a cohort of colleagues preparing for Hispanic ministry within their community
- To avoid cultural violence in mission development.
The main presenter is Rev. Rubén Durán with several outstanding guest-sharing models for Hispanic Ministry. The Rev. Durán serves as Director for New Congregations in the Congregational and Synodical Mission unit of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. He is responsible for promoting the development of Synodical mission strategies, local initiatives and emerging models for the multiplication of new communities of faith in the USA and the Caribbean. He will be joined by our very own Director for Evangelical Mission, The Rev. Irma Bañales.
You need not have completed the Spanish Language and Hispanic Ministry Language Intensive.
WHERE? On the campus of the Seminary of the Southwest, 501 E. 32nd St., Austin, TX 78705. See ssw.edu for map.
WHEN? Beginning Sunday evening, June 10, 2018, at 5 p.m. and ending Friday, June 15, 2018, at noon.