What Would Luther Do Today?
Have you ever wondered what Martin Luther would do if he were here today? Join ELCA Presiding Bishop Elizabeth Eaton and thousands of learners around the world in a FREE course where you will learn how to apply Luther’s thoughts and writings to contemporary issues.
Offered by ChurchNext in partnership with Augsburg Fortress and United Lutheran Seminary, this course provides a rich learning environment for those seeking to gain a better understanding of how Lutheranism might address current affairs.
The course opens today, January 16, and is free through January 30. Because you can watch the course anytime, it’s perfect for individuals, as well as small and large groups. (Group resources are available here.)
Secure your spot and learn in community with those around the world and with Presiding Bishop Eaton how Martin Luther might deal with the pressing issues of today.
Junior High Gathering
The NT-NL Junior High Gathering is for ANY Junior High / Middle School student (for most churches, this event is for your Confirmation Group). The event includes small group activities, church fellowship time, songs, games, meaningful worship experiences, a dance, and more!
Locations: Faith Lutheran, Flower Mound, AND Holiday Inn Express, Irving (North of the airport)
Full details here:
For more information, contact NTNLYouthLeaders@yahoo.com.
Registration Now Open
Featuring the Rev. Barbara Rossing, Professor of New Testament, Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago.
The ELCA Task Force on Women and Justice: One in Christ invites you to join a growing conversation and to add your input. After receiving feedback from more than 100 Listening Events and hearing from several dozen specialists, the task force has written the study “Faith, Sexism, Justice: Conversations Toward a Social Statement” as way to invite broad engagement with the questions and issues.
This modular study includes a range of topics that can be used in different combinations to meet the learning needs and interests of different groups or individuals. The response period runs until August 31, 2017.
Save the Date
February 9, 2pm
Where in the world is?
- Jan. 16 – Tarrant Churches Together MLK Day of Service, Baker Chapel AME
- Jan. 22 – Trinity, Miles
- Jan. 16 – First, Longview, and Good Shepherd, Marshall
- Jan. 23-25: Tri-Synodical Theological Conference
- Jan. 27-29: NT-NL Junior High Gathering
- Feb. 9: Installation of new Bishop for Catholic Diocese of Dallas
- Feb. 10-11: Mission / Synod Council Meeting
- Feb. 10-11: Tri-Synodical Lutheran Men in Mission Gathering
- Feb. 11: Public Witness Team for Peace and Justice monthly meeting
- Feb. 12-14: 2017 Lutheran Legislative Event
- Feb. 19-21: LSTC Seminary Sampler
- Feb. 25: North Texas Senior Fest 2017 (ALOA)
- Feb. 25: Creation Care and Climate Change: It’s About the Kids! (PWT)
- Mar. 3-5: NT-NL Peer Ministry Leadership Training (grades 9-12)
- Mar. 3-5: NT-NL Lenten Retreat (grades 4-6)
- Mar. 11: Public Witness Team for Peace and Justice monthly meeting
- Mar. 12: OutLast Youth LGBTQ youth homelessness awareness event
- Mar. 25: Dallas Area Metro North SWO Retreat
Access our full online Calendar here. Updates made regularly.
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit to the Mission Area office (MissionOffice@ntnl.org) for consideration for our next NT-NL News. Remember to include a picture or logo.
Looking for information in past NT-NL News? Find NT-NL News archives here!