2015 Mission Support Pledge and Remittance Forms
Please complete the 2015 Statement of Intent form—download PDF versions below, or look for hard copies in the mail.
- 2015 Statement Of Intent Mission Support Folder
- 2015 Mission Support Pledge Form
- 2015 Mission Support Remittance Form Word | PDF (fillable PDF coming soon)
Where Vulnerability and Compassion Intersect:
Attending Clergy Association 20th Annual Symposium
Friday, November 7
8:15 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
First United Methodist Church
313 N. Center St., Arlington TX 76011
For registration information, schedule of events, and bios on the speakers—who include Dr.Martin E. Marty and Dr. Rita Nakashima Brock— please download the Symposium brochure here.
The next Meditation Skills Training Institute will be in Georgetown, Texas, November 17-21, 2014 at First United Methodist Church. Early registration extended to November 3! Download the registration brochure here.
This 32-hour training, offered by the Lombard Mennonite Peace Center, is useful for clergy who are looking for continuing education opportunities in addition to honing their mediation skills.
Their complete calendar can be found on their website, LMPeaceCenter.org.
Malaria Campaign Emphasis in November
Please help us reach our goal of $160,000 donated to the ELCA’s Malaria Campaign. We have already raised over $143,000! Catch the Buzz and let’s raise awareness and funds to wipe out malaria for good! Download resources and information here.
Wartburg Theological Seminary, through the Lutheran Seminary Program in the Southwest, offers a certificate in Hispanic Ministry. This certificate is earned by the completion of eight courses, taught in an intensive format, normally at the Austin, Texas extension site.
Instruction for these certificate courses is offered four times per year in either English or Spanish. The certificate is designed both for lay leaders and pastors, all those desiring to improve their skills for engaging in Hispanic Ministry. Click here for more details.
Worship Jubilee of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
Biennial Conference of the Association of Lutheran Church Musicians
July 19-21, 2105 • Atlanta, GA
How is God calling the church today? And to what are Christians called?
For the first time, this gathering brings together two major national events in overlapping conferences: the Association of Lutheran Church Musicians will meet Sunday through Wednesday of this week. The third Worship Jubilee for the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, following those held in 2000 and 2007, will meet Monday through Thursday.
Participants may register for one or both events, which will feature leading voices, practical workshops, diverse worship expressions in several of Atlanta’s city churches, and rich conversation. Visit LivingVoice2015.org for more information, or download a half-sheet bulletin insert/flier here.
Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
Jesus said to her: “Give me to drink.”
January 18-25, 2015
For more information, download the 2015 Week of Prayer for Christian Unity brochure or visit their website.
Resources and Opportunities:
- Sundays and Seasons: Preaching, Year B, 2015 –available now
- An Order for for the Disposal of Deteriorating Bibles and Other Respected Materials
- Altar Guild and Sacristy Handbook: Fourth Revised Edition
- A Closer Look: Sundays and Seasons: Preaching Martin Seltz and Robert Buckley Farlee give you an exclusive look inside of Sundays and Seasons: Preaching! They will discuss the main features and introduce you to contributors of this distinctive new resource. Register here.
- LEAD (Living Everyday As Disciples) 10-Minute Toolbox (Gulf Coast Synod)
- Upcoming webinars from Augsburg Fortress and Sparkhouse
- Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary Workshops and Lectures: