Join the Rev. Mike Baughman and The Family Place in Dallas this Friday, Sept 19 from 10;00-2:00 at Union (5622 Dyer Street #100, Dallas 75206), for “Safe on Sunday,” a workshop for clergy and understanding and dealing with domestic violence and intimate partner abuse.
There are more incidents of domestic violence reported on Sunday than on any other day of the week. 1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men are victims of domestic abuse.
Register for the event here: safeonsunday.eventbrite.com
Continued Emergency Medical Relief Response for West Africa Ebola Crisis
We have sent two 40-foot containers of medical supplies to Sierra Leone, as well as given $15,000 to provide food for those in need, as food prices skyrocket due to quarantine regulations limiting mobility and trade in the area. We continue to work with Brother’s Brother Foundati0n to send more medical supplies, including “stearamine,” a concentrated formula of chlorine in tablet and/or powder form (much easier and cheaper to ship); the users add water to mix batches of cleanser to be used in multiple ways.
Please encourage your members to donate and to share the information (and donation link) at ntnl.org/ebola-crisis with friends and family. Thank you to those of you who have made individual donations and congregational gifts already!
NT-NL Table Talk: Moral Injury
The Rev. Dr. Rita N. Brock
Tuesday, Sept. 23, 9:30-3:30
Briarwood Retreat Center
Registration deadline is Friday, Sept. 19. Please register by completing the from found on the event page (scroll down).
This event will be live-streamed; tune in Tuesday or watch the recorded version at your convenience at:
Turning Preaching Inside Out: Preaching & Worship as Faith Formation
with Dr. Rolf Jacobson
Download the 2014 Convocation Brochure here.
Looking for resources for Global Church Sunday, Sept. 21?
- Global Church Sunday Toolkit
- Poster | Editable Poster
- Bulletin Insert
- 2013 Global Church Sunday Worship and Liturgical Resources
- Share some “Stories from the Global Church”
October 5 is Definitely-Abled Sunday
How does your congregation welcome and include people with disabilities? Check ntnl.org/definitely-abled-sunday/ for information and resources (check often; we will add resources throughout September and beyond!)
Mosaic’s Clergy Appreciation Luncheon Save the date!
The Dallas-area Clergy Appreciation luncheon: October 9th at noon at Kenny’s Italian Kitchen in Dallas.
Fort Worth Clergy Appreciation luncheon: October 1st at noon (location is still being determined).
For more information, please contact Lori Baum, Community Relations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 972.866.9989 x322.
Are you interested in leading well? Then Leading Well: Equipping for Leadership in God’s World may just be the learning event you’re looking for!
Leading Well is a three-year curriculum for leaders of vital, healthy communities of faith who wish to:
- Explore their gifts, strengths and values and their implications for how they lead
- Refine their capacity to work effectively with staff and volunteers
- Practice what it means to live and lead well
- Understand their ministry contexts
- Take time for worship, prayer, rest and fellowship
Leading Well is being offered November 18-21, 2014 at Spirit in the Desert Retreat Center (Carefree, AZ) and January 27-30 at the Duncan Conference Center (Delray Beach, FL). More details about the curriculum and schedule are available at LeadingWellInstitute.org.
The events are sponsored by Augsburg College, Portico Benefit Services, the Duncan Center, and Spirit in the Desert.
Resources and Opportunities:
- LEAD (Living Everyday As Disciples) 10-Minute Toolbox (Gulf Coast Synod)
- Upcoming webinars from Augsburg Fortress and Sparkhouse
- Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary Workshops and Lectures:
- Drawn In: Learning to Use the Creative Process for Spiritual Formation Sept. 17
- Life As Art: Resting, Listening, and Risking as Creatives Sept. 18-19
- The Law of Someday: Generations, Giving, & the Church Sept. 23
- REFOCUS: A learning community of care for people who work with youth Sept. 29-Oct. 1
- The Power and Practice of Personal Storytelling Oct. 6-8
- Preparing for Advent Oct. 10
- Finishing with Vitality Oct. 13-14
- Links, Likes, & Follows Oct. 20-22
- 2014 APT/NASSAM Tentmaking Conference: Ministry in a Changing Church Oct. 31-Nov. 2
- Cruzando la Frontera: Ministerio Juvenil Nov. 15