Join Us for a Forum and Worship Celebration
Bishop Erik Gronberg will be participating in the full weekend. ELCA Presiding Bishop Elizabeth Eaton will be attending the service on the 4th.
All are welcome to attend this ecumenical celebration.
NT-NL Founding Officers Visit Synod Office at Briarwood
(Pictured L-R: Bp. Erik Gronberg, Tyna Oslie, Ruth Hartstein, Bp. Emeritus Mark Herbener, Donna Herbener, Rev. Vince Nelson, Dorothy Nelson, Rev. Phil Geleske)
On May 17, we were honored to host the Former and Founding NT-NL Officers and Spouses:
Bp. Emeritus Mark B. Herbener, First NT-NL Bishop, and wife, Donna Herbener
The Rev. Vince Nelson, First NT-NL Synod Secretary, and wife, Dorothy Nelson
Mrs. Ruth Hartstein, First NT-NL Synod Treasurer
(Not present was the late Roger Peterson, First NT-NL Vice President)
Click here for a full album of photos from this visit. (You don’t need a facebook account to view this album.)
ELCA Federal Credit Union
Featured Resource for May
October 31, 2017, will mark 500 years since the beginning of the Lutheran Reformation, spurred by Martin Luther’s posting of the Ninety-Five Theses. This is an important anniversary and one that deserves to be lifted up not just on a global scale—as it will be—but in your congregation and community as well.
Through several avenues, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) and Augsburg Fortress will be highlighting a wide range of ideas and possibilities from various sources with ways to mark and observe this milestone.
Save the Date
King of Glory, Dallas, will host the opening worship service for the American Guild of Organists Southwest Regional Convention, Monday, June 12, at 8:00 p.m. in the sanctuary. Patterned after Lutheran Vespers worship from the 16th and 17th centuries, the service commemorates the 500th anniversary of the Reformation. A professional choir and chamber orchestra will present larger musical elements of the liturgy, alongside congregation hymns supported by the King of Glory Sanctuary Choir and organist Michael Shake. Bishop Erik Gronberg is presiding. Though the service is part of the Convention, it is open to all (seating on a first come basis). For more information, contact Michael Shake: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where in the world is?
- Jun 3-4 – Churches Uniting in Christ (CUIC) Forum and National Celebration Worship, Christian Chapel CME, Dallas
- May 28 – Jun 2 – Spanish Language Intensive, LSPS
- Jun 3 – Leadership Development Summit, Briarwood
- Jun 4 – Trinity, Lockney
- Jun 4 – Installation service, Beautiful Savior, Amarillo
- May 30 – King of Glory, Dallas
- Jun. 3-4: Churches Uniting in Christ (CUIC) Forum and National Celebration
- Jun. 10: Public Witness Team for Peace and Justice monthly meeting
- Jun. 11-16: Building Congregational Capacity for Hispanic Ministry (Intensive II)
- Jun. 17: ELCA’s Faith, Sexism, and Justice: Conversations Toward a Social Statement
- Jun. 17: WELCA meeting of the West Texas Conference
- Jul. 8: Public Witness Team for Peace and Justice monthly meeting
- Jul. 13-16: “all anew” Women of the ELCA Tenth Triennial Gathering
- Jul. 21-23: The Bold Gathering (Lutheran Men in Mission)
- Aug. 7-10: ELCA Rostered Ministers Gathering
- Aug. 12: Public Witness Team for Peace and Justice monthly meeting
- Aug. 12: NT-NL SWO Retreat
- Aug. 19: MEF Board meeting
- Aug. 26: NT-NL SWO Board Meeting
Access our full online Calendar here. Updates made regularly.
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit to the Synod office (MissionOffice@ntnl.org) for consideration for our next NT-NL News.
Looking for information in past NT-NL News? Find NT-NL News archives here!