Conversations Toward a Social Statement
The goal of this event is to submit your feedback to the taskforce writing the social statement.
Creative Alternative Worship
New Hope, Keller, is hosting a weekly Serenity service on Sundays at 6pm, with a focus on recovery and those with addictions and behavioral issues. The service is led by SAWL Dan Lund (40+ years of sobriety) of Church of the Damascus Road and worships with a praise band. On the last Sunday of each month, they also host a social hour and potluck dinner starting at 5pm.
Beginning June 4, King of Glory, Dallas, will begin a Joyful Spirit service Sunday evenings at 5:00pm. This is a 30-minute worship service so all may serve, worship, and share God’s love in a disability-friendly environment. All are welcome who want to worship. All behaviors are accepted. This service is perfect for people with autism, ADHD, Down Syndrome, learning differences, or physical challenges. Worship will include all the elements of worship: Sacrament, Word, music, and message. Communion is optional.
Bishop Gronberg has signed onto the following letter to the Texas governor: Texas Faith Leaders Opposed to SB4.
Featured Resource for May
October 31, 2017, will mark 500 years since the beginning of the Lutheran Reformation, spurred by Martin Luther’s posting of the Ninety-Five Theses. This is an important anniversary and one that deserves to be lifted up not just on a global scale—as it will be—but in your congregation and community as well.
Through several avenues, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) and Augsburg Fortress will be highlighting a wide range of ideas and possibilities from various sources with ways to mark and observe this milestone.
Save the Date
ALDE Webinar with Jennifer Perrow
Scripture doesn’t shy away from conversations about money, but church leaders often do. Learn some simple and effective ways to create a culture of increasing generosity in your church, including suggestions for joyfully engaging givers at every age and stage of life. We’ll talk about transforming your weekly church offering into a time of celebration, coaching church leaders to effectively talk about stewardship, creative ways to thank your givers, why a major gifts strategy makes sense for churches, how to keep your offering numbers steady during the summer, and more. Click here for full details and to register.
Where in the world is?
- May 28 – Redeemer, Greenville
- May 28 – Jun 2 – Spanish Language Intensive, LSPS
- May 25 – New/Renewal Team meeting, Synod office
- May 24: ELCA Multicultural Resource webinar
- May 28 – Jun. 2: Spanish Language and Hispanic Ministry Intensive I
- Jun. 3-4: Churches Uniting in Christ (CUIC) National Celebration
- Jun. 10: Public Witness Team for Peace and Justice monthly meeting
- Jun. 11-16: Building Congregational Capacity for Hispanic Ministry (Intensive II)
- Jun. 17: ELCA’s Faith, Sexism, and Justice: Conversations Toward a Social Statement
- Jun. 17: WELCA meeting of the West Texas Conference
- Jul. 8: Public Witness Team for Peace and Justice monthly meeting
- Jul. 13-16: “all anew” Women of the ELCA Tenth Triennial Gathering
- Jul. 21-23: The Bold Gathering (Lutheran Men in Mission)
- Aug. 7-10: ELCA Rostered Ministers Gathering
- Aug. 12: Public Witness Team for Peace and Justice monthly meeting
- Aug. 12: NT-NL SWO Retreat
- Aug. 26: NT-NL SWO Board Meeting
Access our full online Calendar here. Updates made regularly.
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit to the Synod office (MissionOffice@ntnl.org) for consideration for our next NT-NL News.
Looking for information in past NT-NL News? Find NT-NL News archives here!