Registration Deadline for Synod Assembly
Registration for Voting Members ($50) closes April 11:
Registered Voting Members will receive a Zoom Meeting login link the week of Assembly.
Visitors will be able to participate via Facebook (no account required). Registration not required.
Details will be updated on the event page here: https://www.ntnl.org/event/2021-synod-assembly/.
God Will Transform This Church | Dios Transformará Esta Iglesia
In her March column for Living Lutheran, ELCA Presiding Bishop Elizabeth Eaton reflects on the meaning behind “evangelical” in our name and the future of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America: “I believe God will transform this church.” Read her column in English: God Will Transform This Church o lee su columna en español: Dios Transformará Esta Iglesia.
Fe, Sexismo y Justicia: Un Llamado a la Acción
Featured Resources for April
Registration Open Through May 5
NOTE: Applicants must be registered in ELCA GrantMaker to access the application. Allow up to two weeks for registration approval. If you have not registered by May 5, you will not be able to start a new application. If you have already registered in ELCA GrantMaker, you do not need to register again. Starting April 19, 2021, you can log in directly at elca.fluxx.io using the Google Chrome browser to start your application.
Application Open April 19 – May 21
Full details can be found here: https://www.elca.org/Our-Work/Relief-and-Development/ELCA-World-Hunger/Get-Involved/Domestic-Hunger-Grants
Save the Date
Mark your calendar for Sunday, Sept. 12, when congregations of the ELCA will come together for “God’s work. Our hands.” Sunday. Our church continues to live through the COVID-19 pandemic. Physical distancing has changed the way we worship and serve. But the need is great, and God’s church is at work.
We’re not sure what the impact of this crisis will look like in September, but we continue to be church together. We are witnessing the outpouring of love and concern that God’s people have for one another. Our congregations continue to maintain feeding ministries, serve communities disproportionately affected by COVID-19 infection and assist people who are financially burdened by the economic downturn.
“Service in the Time of COVID-19” was developed to offer service project ideas and considerations for safely supporting your community in this time of pandemic.
As we gather together in service to our neighbors, we are reminded of one of our most basic convictions as Lutherans: All of life in Jesus Christ — every act of service, in every daily calling, in every corner of life — flows freely from a living, daring confidence in God’s grace. Be sure to save the date and visit ELCA.org/DayofService for updates to our resources.
You work every day to make your community a better place. We look forward to working together with you on “God’s work. Our hands.” Sunday.
Recent Blog Posts
(https://www.ntnl.org/goodfriday2021/ – published Apr. 2)
Where in the world is?
As we continue to navigate the changing realities of Covid-19 and guidelines regarding masking and other restrictions, synod staff will be resuming some in-person events. For those, synod staff will wear masks, and we encourage all in attendance to do so as well.
With the ever-changing guidelines and recommendations in our world right now, as we maintain physical distance in social solidarity, please keep in mind these events may be moved online, postponed, or cancelled:
- Apr. 7: Weekly Online Gathering for ELCA Leaders – Life of Faith: Trusting Jesus. Serving Our Neighbors. with Craig Nessan, Dwight Dubois, Zoom
- Apr. 8: Weekly NT-NL Leadership Prayer, Check-in, Zoom
- Apr. 10: Public Witness Team meeting, Online
- Apr. 11: LAST DAY TO REGISTER FOR SYNOD ASSEMBLY
- Apr. 14: Weekly Online Gathering for ELCA Leaders – The Eisenhower Matrix (Urgent-Important Matrix) with Rev. Dana Peterson, Zoom
- Apr. 15: Weekly NT-NL Leadership Prayer, Check-in, Zoom
- Apr. 17: PLMA, Spring 2021, Course 2, Online
- Apr. 18: EcoFaith Summit 2021, Zoom
- Apr. 21: Weekly Online Gathering for ELCA Leaders – Growing Young: Prioritize Young People (and Families) Everywhere with Rachel Alley and others, Zoom
- Apr. 22: Weekly NT-NL Leadership Prayer, Check-in, Zoom
- Apr. 23: Synod Council and Deans Meeting, Online
- Apr. 24: 2021 Synod Assembly, Online
- Apr. 28: Weekly Online Gathering for ELCA Leaders – TBA, Zoom
- Apr. 29: Weekly NT-NL Leadership Prayer, Check-in, Zoom
Access our full online Calendar here. Updates made regularly.
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit to Jason (email@example.com) for consideration for upcoming NT-NL News.