What’s in a Name?
Please read this very important update by Bishop Erik K. J. Gronberg, PhD, regarding our ministry at Briarwood: What’s in a Name?
All created things | Todo lo creado
In her April column for Living Lutheran, ELCA Presiding Bishop Elizabeth Eaton reminds us that “we—all created things—are family.” As Earth Day nears on April 22, we should be “especially mindful of the gift of creation and our place in it.” Read her column in English: All created things, o lee su columna en español: Todo lo creado.
Faith Formation and Youth Ministry
Looking for ideas, resources, and events concerning faith formation and youth ministry? Check out these great networks and websites that are part of our ELCA ecosystem: ELCA Youth Gathering, ELCA Youth Ministries Network, the Lutheran Outdoor Ministry Network, the Lutheran Campus Ministry Network, and Ministry Links Online.
Featured Resources for April
Commemorating the 2019 Quad-Centennial of the Forced Transatlantic Voyage of Enslaved African Peoples to Jamestown, Virginia
Edited by Rev. Dr. Angelique Walker-Smith
Save the Date
April 28, 12:30-2:00pm
Where in the world is?
- Apr. 8: Briarwood / LEAD conversations
- Apr. 9: Interfaith Seder
- Apr. 13: Wedding of Robert Smith
- Apr. 9-11: Leading Bible study for the Young at Heart Retreat, Briarwood
- Apr. 8: Meeting with NT-NL Congregational Vitality and Renewal Table, King of Glory, Fort Worth
- Apr. 9: Meeting with NT-NL Congregational Vitality and New Start Table, Rejoice, Coppell
- Apr. 10: Christ the Servant, Allen
- Apr. 11: Meeting with Frank Salvador, New Ministry: Nuestro Redentor, Irving
- Apr. 12: Meeting with NT-NL Stewardship Team
- Apr. 13: Teaching Spanish PLMA, Spring 2019, Course 2, Briarwood
- Apr. 5-14: Faith Climate Action Week
- Apr. 9-11: Young at Heart Retreat, Briarwood
- Apr. 11-12: Rabbi Andrea L Weiss, PhD, speaking, Dallas, TX
- Apr. 13: PLMA, Spring 2019, Course 2, Briarwood
- Apr. 13: Public Witness Team monthly meeting, Arlington, TX
- Apr. 15: Last day to Register Online for Synod Assembly
- Apr. 22: Earth Day, International
- Apr. 26-27: 2019 Synod Assembly, Richland Hills, TX
- Apr. 26-28: Houston Gathering Reunion at Synod Assembly, Fort Worth, TX
- Apr. 28: Poverty is OUR Problem, Dallas, TX
- May 4: Briarwood Annual Gala: A Night Under the Stars, Euless, TX
- May 11: PLMA, Spring 2019, Course 3, Briarwood
- May 11: Public Witness Team monthly meeting, Arlington, TX
- May 19: Lutheran Campus Ministry at Denton Golf Outing, Frisco, TX
Access our full online Calendar here. Updates made regularly.
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit to the Synod office (email@example.com) for consideration for upcoming NT-NL News.