Assembly Registration Now Open
Online Early Bird Rates (by March 15 – 11:59 p.m.)
Voting Members – $220
Retired Rostered – $105
Visitors – $50
Hard Copy of the Book of Reports – $25
Displayers (NT-NL / ELCA Ministries) – $50
Vendors – $100
Non-Participant Food Package (includes 2 meals and coffee/tea breaks) – $50
The headquarters hotel is nearly sold out! Book your room soon.
Housing: Reservations must be made by April 4, 2018.
Headquarters Hotel: Hilton Garden Inn Temple, 1749 Scott Blvd, Temple, TX 76504. Our room block is available for nights ranging from April 25 to April 29. Our special pricing is $99 per night plus taxes and fees (excluding breakfast). You may reserve one of two ways:
- Call 254-773-0200. Provide our group code ELC425. Book your room with a local hotel representative and get your confirmation number from them.
- Reserve online: https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/gi/reservation/book.htm?ctyhocn=TPLGIGI&groupCode= ELC425. (Copy and paste this address into your web browser.) Insert travel dates, select room type, and insert personal and payment information. Upon completing the reservation, you will receive your confirmation number.
Other Hotel Options: *Ask for the Lutheran Assembly Rate
Fairfield Inn ($89 per night plus taxes and fees) – 800-228-2800 or 254-771-3030
1402 SW HK Dodgen Loop, Temple, TX 76504
Candlewood ($90 per night plus taxes and fees) – 254-773-8342
850 Scott Blvd, Temple TX 76504
Holiday Inn Express ($99 per night plus taxes and fees) – 254-773-5500
2609 South 39th St, Temple, TX 76504
Elections at the Assembly
Synod Treasurer (4 year term)
Synod Council Positions (nominees come from the related conference – 4 year term)
Heart of Texas Conference – Lay Male and Lay Female (one 35 or under, and one 36 or over)
Conference Out West – Lay Male and Lay Female (one 35 or under, and one 36 or over)
Eastern Conference – Ordained
Latin@/Hispanic – Ordained
ELCA Churchwide Voting Members
Rostered Minister of Word and Sacrament – Female
Rostered Minister of Word and Sacrament – Male
Lay Female (35 or younger)
Lay Female (36 or older)
Lay Male (35 or younger)
Lay Male (36 or older)
To be considered for the slate of nominees for the ELCA Churchwide Assembly by the Synod’s Nominating Committee, please submit your vita ASAP. The Nominating Committee will be building a slate that will hopefully represent all areas, ethnicities, and genders of the Synod. If you do not make the slate, you have the right to have your name submitted by a registered voting member of the assembly to the assembly floor, and a vita and photo will be needed at that time.
The next ELCA Churchwide Assembly will be August 5-10, 2019, in Milwaukee, WI.
ELCA Church Council Members (nominees to be then voted on at the 2019 Churchwide Assembly)
TWO Rostered Ministers of Word and Sacrament
ELCA Youth Gathering Registration Deadline
The regular registration rate ends on February 15. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
Free Weekly Lenten Devotions
Sparkhouse Family, now Beaming Books, is offering free weekly Lenten devotions. (Sparkhouse Family has grown since its launch in 2014 and has a new mission: to publish high-quality children’s books that help kids thrive emotionally, socially, and spiritually. In recognition of these changes, Sparkhouse Family is rebranding as Beaming Books.)
Each devotional includes a Bible verse, ideas for family activities, and conversation-starters. We know families are busy, so the devotionals are created to fit easily into your family’s weekly routine. You’ll receive them in your inbox from Ash Wednesday through Easter Sunday. Sign up here.
Featured Resources for February
The gathering is June 27 – July 1 in Houston, TX. Contact JanelleMiller@yahoo.com with questions.
Save the Date
Ecumenical Conference on Stewardship
King of Glory, Dallas
Where in the world is?
- Feb. 11 – Lutheran Legislative Event, Austin
- Feb. 17 – Men’s group, Preston Meadow, Plano
- Feb. 18 – Christ, Dallas
- Feb. 18 – ELCA Youth Gathering Bishop’s Group Zoom Meeting
- Feb. 8-13 – Vacation
- Feb. 13 – Mission Developers meeting
- Feb. 15 – Meeting with SAWL Don Strickland
- Feb. 11-13: Lutheran Legislative Event
- Feb. 24: Senior Fest 2018 (AOLA)
- Feb. 25-27: LSTC Seminary Sampler
- Feb. 26-27: ELCA Coach Training
- Mar. 2-4: Spring Retreat for 4th, 5th, & 6th graders
- Mar. 2-4: Peer Ministry (9th-12th graders)
- Mar. 9-10: The Role of the Church in Undoing Racism
- Mar. 17: PLMA Spring 2018, Course 1
- Apr. 3-5: Pathways to Generosity: Signs of Hope
- Apr. 3-5: ACT Now! Unite to End Racism, Washington, DC
- Apr. 6-8: Pre-Gathering Event (youth)
- Apr. 20-22: Family Retreat (all ages)
Access our full online Calendar here. Updates made regularly.
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit to the Synod office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration for upcoming NT-NL News.