2019 Synod Assembly
Registration for our next Synod Assembly is now open! Please note the hotel deadline is a full month prior to our Assembly!
2019 Synod Assembly (full details can be found here)
Calvary Lutheran, Richland Hills
THEME | TEMA
What happens in the church doesn’t stay in the church | Lo que pasa en la iglesia no se queda en la iglesia
SCRIPTURE | SAGRADA ESCRITURA
“In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your God in heaven.” Matthew 5:16 | “De la misma manera, deja que tu luz brille ante los demás, para que puedan ver tus buenas obras y dar gloria a tu Dios en el cielo.” Mateo 5:16
Displayers / Vendors Register Here. (Limited to the first 12.)
HOTELS being used – rate of $99 per night (plus taxes & fees)
Cut-off date for guaranteed hotel rate is March 28, 2019
Headquarters Hotel – LaQuinta and Suites*
653 NE Loop 820, Richland Hills, TX 76118
643 NE Loop 820 Richland Hills, TX
* shares a parking lot and are 1.5 miles from Calvary Lutheran, Richland Hills, just down the service road.
Hilton Garden Inn
1615 Campus Dr., Hurst, TX 76054
3.5 miles from Calvary Lutheran, Richland Hills
Cries From the Cross (Roads)
TOMORROW | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 19
Brite Divinity School presents
Dr. Nadine Bowers Du Toit
Hiring Facility Manager Position – The Facilities Manager oversees all facility maintenance and repair operations. This includes all buildings, grounds, equipment, and their related subsystems. The Facilities Manager will strive to ensure that the buildings, grounds, and equipment are in order for individuals and groups to have a productive, healthy, safe, and enjoyable time at Briarwood.
Click here for the Facility Manager complete description.
Submit applications and any questions to Matt Baumhardt at email@example.com.
Featured Resources for February
Lifting Up and Supporting Women
Bold Women’s Day—observed annually on the fourth Sunday of February—celebrates all Lutheran women who have acted or are acting boldly on their faith in Jesus Christ. Some women are bold in their unceasing prayers. Other women are bold in their service to those in need. Still other women are bold in their advocacy or through their hospitality. Whether we live out our bold story of faith in the workplace, family home or community, our faith compels us to make a difference in the lives of others. It’s all about living out our baptismal call, about being a disciple of Christ.
March 8 #BalanceForBetter
Better the balance, better the world. How will you celebrate women’s achievements on Friday, March 8, while calling for a more gender-balanced world?
International Women’s Day (IWD) is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity. International Women’s Day has occurred for well over a century, with the first IWD gathering in 1911 supported by over a million people in Austria, Denmark, Germany, and Switzerland. Click here for more information, links to planned events, resources, and more!
Save the Dates
“Perspectives on the Border” Immigration Webinars
March 7, 21, and 28
This “Perspectives on the Border” webinar series on immigration is a partnership project with Rev. Dr. Jay Alanis, the Lutheran Seminary Program in the Southwest (LSPS), and the following ELCA synods: Grand Canyon, Gulf Coast, Pacifica, Northern Texas-Northern Louisiana, Rocky Mountain, and Southwestern Texas.
There are three different sessions, usually at a minimum cost of $25 each per participant. We are offering all three for only $60 per person! Your synods are helping subsidize the cost of this invaluable training (valued at a significantly higher rate)!
Session I: Living in Third Spaces (March 7, 3pm Central)
Session II: Borderland Perspectives on Diverse Worldviews (March 21, 3pm Central)
Session III: Theological Perspectives from the U.S. – Mexico Borderlands (March 28, 3pm Central)
The sessions will likely run over an hour, based on our prior experience, where much dialogue ensued, especially when talking about culture as a paradigm.
Where in the world is?
- Feb. 19-20: Luther Seminary Faithful Innovation Meeting at Briarwood w/ NT-NL Participants
- Feb. 23: ALOA Senior Fest 2019 Keynote speaker, Plano
- Feb. 18: Interim pastors meeting, Briarwood (and Zoom)
- Feb. 19-20: Luther Seminary Faithful Innovation meeting at Briarwood
- Feb. 23: Meeting with Bosque County leaders, Our Saviors, Clifton
- Feb. 24: Faith, Meridian
- Feb. 21: NT-NL Stewardship Team meeting, Synod office
- Feb. 23: Meeting with Rev. Ruben Duran, ELCA Director for Congregational Vitality, Synod office
- Feb. 24: Joint Worship Service with Oromo and St. Luke’s, Richardson
- Feb. 19: Cries From the Cross (Roads) with Dr. Nadine Bowers Du Toit, Fort Worth, TX
- Feb. 23: Senior Fest 2019 (ALOA), Plano, TX
- Feb. 24: Bold Women’s Day
- Feb. 25-26: Anchor Church Conference, Richland Hills, TX
- Mar. 1-3: Peer Ministry (9th-12th grades), Fort Worth, TX
- Mar. 7: Immigration Webinar, Session I: Living in Third Spaces, Virtual
- Mar. 8: International Women’s Day #BalanceForBetter
- Mar. 8-10: Upper Elementary (4th-6th grades) Spring Retreat, Briarwood
- Mar. 9: PLMA, Spring 2019, Course 1, Briarwood
- Mar. 9: Public Witness Team monthly meeting, Arlington, TX
- Mar. 14: Last day for Early Bird Pricing for Synod Assembly
- Mar. 14-17: Via de Cristo, Briarwood
- Mar. 17-19: Texas Lutheran-Episcopalian Legislative Event, Austin, TX
- Mar. 21: Immigration Webinar, Session II: Borderland Perspectives on Diverse Worldviews, Virtual
- Mar. 28: Last day for Guaranteed Hotel Rates for Synod Assembly
- Mar. 28: Interfaith Advocacy Day, Austin, TX
- Mar. 28: Immigration Webinar, Session III: Theological Perspectives from the U.S. – Mexico Borderlands, Virtual
- Mar. 30: WELCA Dallas Area Metro North conference retreat, Carrollton, TX
Access our full online Calendar here. Updates made regularly.
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit to the Synod office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration for upcoming NT-NL News.