LWR’s Season of Hope for Lent
The Lenten season is just around the corner, and Lutheran World Relief wants you to know they have everything you need to create an impactful and prayerful season.
Proclaim to the world that the hope of Christ makes a new season possible: a Season of Hope. Lutheran World Relief has an abundance of resources to show your congregation the impact they can make in the lives of poor and struggling families around the world. Invigorate your congregation for global good with:
- Weekly devotionals by Lutherans in the U.S. and LWR staff
- Palm Sunday bulletin insert and children’s activity sheet
- Season of Hope Homily Series centered on Matthew 25:34-36
Visit lwr.org/lent and journey through this Lenten season with Lutheran World Relief.
Seminary Sampler at LSTC
Come and see for yourself, or share with someone who is considering ministry!
Perhaps you are considering a call to public ministry.
Perhaps someone is urging you to consider a call to public ministry.
Perhaps you are simply wondering how you might continue to serve this world in need.
If you find yourself wondering any of the above or beyond, consider coming to The Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago (LSTC) Spring Seminary Sampler.
Register online for our multi-day Seminary Sampler, Saturday, February 23, through Monday, February 25.
Housing and meals are provided! Travel stipends and childcare are available.
Of course, individuals are always welcomed to schedule an individual visit if you can’t make it to Seminary Sampler! Contact the Admissions Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
“Answer the Call” at LR’s LTSS
The event will take place on LR’s campus in Columbia, South Carolina, and is designed for those discerning a call to ministry or graduate-level theological education. During this two-day event, attendees will have an opportunity to experience seminary life, while growing in community, worshiping together, and exploring what it feels like to answer God’s call for life and work.
A tour of campus, community dinner, and an opening worship service of healing and discernment will be held Sunday. Following the service, attendees will join current students at Hillcrest Apartments for a campfire, s’mores, and an evening of fellowship. On Monday, there will be time to worship with the LTSS community in chapel, lunch, and a meeting with the seminary administration.
There is no cost for attending this event. On-campus student housing will be provided for guests to stay overnight. Register here.
Featured Resources for January
The ELCA offers a place of welcome for all seeking a congregational home. Your congregations can extend an invitation to neighbors and the surrounding community through the use of these customizable communications tools for Easter. Download and use these free tools today.
Save the Date
Preston Meadow, Plano
January 26, 9:30am-3:00pm
The NT-NL Dallas Area Metro North Conference and NT-NL Stewardship Team invite you to join them for an introduction to The Generosity Project.
The Generosity Project is a lively, interactive, intergenerational workshop, modeling a congregation’s potential to connect and equip all ages and generations as steward leaders in the congregation and in the home.
Congregations from across the NT-NL are invited to participate.
Multi-generational participation is highly encouraged.
Please RSVP by January 24 so that we can prepare adequate meeting space and food. You may email email@example.com or text 214-803-3391.
Click here for access to a set of documents to learn more about The Generosity Project. (Currently, these documents are only available to users with Facebook accounts.)
Recent Blog Posts
(https://www.ntnl.org/briarwood-strategic-land-sale/ – published Jan. 14)
(https://www.ntnl.org/lutheran-schools-week-march-4-8th/ – published Jan. 16)
(https://www.ntnl.org/confest/ – published Jan. 16)
Where in the world is?
- Jan. 27: Gloria Dei and Ascension, Garland
- Jan. 27: An Ecumenical Service of Prayer, Unity, and Thanksgiving, Dallas
- Jan. 27: Christ, Dallas
- Jan. 22: NT-NL Latino Conference, Walnut Hill, Farmers Branch
- Jan. 24: Stewardship Team, Synod office
- Jan. 26: An Introduction to The Generosity Project, Preston Meadow, Plano
- Jan. 26: Seminario sobre la homosexualidad y sus diferentes facetas, Farmers Branch, TX
- Jan. 26: An Introduction to The Generosity Project, Plano, TX
- Jan. 26-27: Men’s Lumberjack Retreat, Briarwood
- Jan. 27: An Ecumenical Service of Prayer, Unity, and Thanksgiving, Dallas, TX
- Jan. 28-30: Tri-Theological Conference, Galveston, TX
- Jan. 31 – Feb. 3: IGNITE: North Texas 2019 (ALDE), Grapevine, TX
- Feb. 8-9: Synod Council meeting, Briarwood
- Feb. 9: MEF Board meeting, Briarwood
- Feb. 9: Public Witness Team monthly meeting, Arlington, TX
- Feb. 9-10: “Faith Formation in a Secular Age” with Dr. Andy Root, Fort Worth and Briarwood
- Feb. 16-17: Junior High Gathering & Group Dynamix, Carrollton, TX
- Feb. 17: PLMA Graduation, Richland Hills, TX
- Feb. 23: Senior Fest 2019 (ALOA), Plano, TX
- Feb. 25-26: Anchor Church Conference, Richland Hills, TX
Access our full online Calendar here. Updates made regularly.
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit to the Synod office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration for upcoming NT-NL News.