NT-NL Easter Appeal (Fund for Leaders)
The Always Being Made New: The Campaign for the ELCA is now in its fifth and final year. The emphasis for this year is on growing gifts for the Fund for Leaders in Mission. This fund provides 40 full-time scholarships each year for seminarians in the ELCA. Additionally, the NT-NL has its own Fund for Leaders, which allows us to give scholarships locally as well. NT-NL has benefited from these gifts in many and various ways. Throughout the Easter Season, testimonials about the Fund for Leaders will be included in our communications.
Bishop Gronberg and the NT-NL Synod Council invite congregations to support the NT-NL Fund for Leaders by considering a special offering this Easter season. Giving thanks for the hope of the resurrection, we encourage congregations to support those discerning a call to ministry and help us keep student debt to a minimum. Generous matching gifts have been secured for this appeal that will make your dollars go farther. Thank you for considering support for the ELCA Campaign and Fund for Leaders. (Gifts may be brought with you to Synod Assembly or directed to the Synod office; please specify Fund for Leaders).
Vote in the Texas Primaries on March 6
NT-NL and other Texas Synods partner with Texas Impact to help educate our membership on issues and candidates. We do not endorse any particular candidate or party. However, we pray that all NT-NL members will utilize the resources provided to educate themselves and vote as they feel their faith and values call them.
Texas Impact is a statewide religious grassroots network whose members include individuals, congregations, and governing bodies of the Christian, Jewish and Muslim faiths. Texas Impact advocates for freedom, justice, and economic opportunity for all people, consistent with the values of mainstream faith communities.
Join Us This Week
Shepherd of Life, Arlington
As bishop of NT-NL, I’m encouraging lay and clergy to attend this vital training and awareness work. At our 2016 Churchwide Assembly, we adopted as church a goal of offering this training in every synod so that our leaders could become more aware of the realities of systemic and institutional racism and how it impacts our ministry and lives.
This is the first offering of such a training in NT-NL in many years, and it is being offered at a deeply subsidized rate. This commitment of funds from your Public Witness Team demonstrates our synodical commitment to this work. This training is available for up to 40 people. You don’t want to miss this! Register today.
In Mission Together
Bishop Erik K. J. Gronberg, PhD
Featured Resources for March
The Leadership Initiative encourages all of us to seek out and inspire gifted people in our congregations and communities to consider a call to the ministry of the gospel. If you know someone who shows a gift for ministry, help mentor and foster them. Together — pastors, deacons, lay people – we can bring the word of God to the world.
On this page, you will find resources to guide discussions and offer inspiration for conversations and individual reflection on becoming a leader within the ELCA. Check back often as this page is updated with more resources and a variety of other testimonials from leaders of this church.
If you wish to find our more about being a leader in the church, please contact us.
Save the Date
Recent Blog Post
(https://www.ntnl.org/a-most-excellent-weekend/ – published Feb. 25)
Where in the world is?
- Mar. 8-10: The Role of the Church in Undoing Racism, Shepherd of Life, Arlington, TX; Umoja Church Prayer Vigil; and Building Dedication, Rejoice, Frisco
- Mar. 8 – First Call pastors retreat, Briarwood
- Mar. 11 – St. Luke’s, Richardson
- Mar. 1 – Meeting with Mission Developers Nicholaus Chove & Absalom Nasuma
- Mar. 2 – Prison Ministry, Jacksboro, TX, with Dan Lund
- Mar. 5 – Meetings with NT-NL Congregational Vitality Team and New and Renewal Team, Rejoice, Frisco, TX
- Mar. 9 – The Role of the Church in Undoing Racism, Shepherd of Life, Arlington, TX
- Mar. 10-16 – Vacation
- Mar. 9-10: The Role of the Church in Undoing Racism
- Mar. 17: PLMA Spring 2018, Course 1
- Apr. 3-5: Pathways to Generosity: Signs of Hope
- Apr. 3-5: ACT Now! Unite to End Racism, Washington, DC
- Apr. 6-8: Pre-Gathering Event (youth)
- Apr. 20-22: Family Retreat (all ages)
- Apr. 21: PLMA Spring 2018, Course 2
- Apr. 21: 2018 Regional Interfaith Conference, Lubbock
- Apr. 27-28: 2018 Synod Assembly, Temple
- May 19: MEF Board meeting
- May 19: PLMA Spring 2018, Course 3
Access our full online Calendar here. Updates made regularly.
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit to the Synod office (email@example.com) for consideration for upcoming NT-NL News.