Trustworthy Servants Draft
Please see this important message from Bishop Erik K. J. Gronberg, PhD:
Trustworthy Servants of the People of God is a new document that was reviewed at the Conference of Bishops (CoB) gathering at the end of February. It is a proposed replacement for Vision & Expectations (V&E). It is an aspirational document for what we as a church desire and expect from our rostered leaders and candidates. It has now been given to the ELCA Church Council, the legislative body with the authority to approve, change, or reject it.
There has been much confusion, frustration, and flat our misinformation about the process of the creation of this document and who has authority to approve it. This stems from what has been a frustrating process as well as a great deal of anxiety about what would be included in the document and who has power to draft the document. This prompted our message released on Ash Wednesday related to acknowledging how V&E was at times misused and was not always equitable applied. This has caused a great deal of pain and we deeply regret that pain caused by the actions of the CoB or candidacy committees….
Early Bird Deadline for Synod Assembly
FOR EARLY BIRD PRICING, REGISTER BY THIS THURSDAY, MARCH 14!
Our next Synod Assembly, April 26-27, 2019, is being hosted by, and will take place at, Calvary Lutheran Church, 7620 Baker Blvd, Richland Hills, TX – (817) 284-8724
2019 Assembly Fees:
Voting Member Early Bird (until March 14) = $150
Voting Member Regular (March 15 – April 15) = $165
Voting Member On-Site = $200
Retired Rostered Voting Member Early Bird (until March 14) = $100
Retired Rostered Voting Member Regular (March 15 – April 15) = $110
Retired Rostered Voting Member On-Site = $125
Visitors = $25
Hard Copy of Assembly Reference Materials (previously called the Book of Reports) = $25
Meals provided = 2
Friendly reminder about the hotel deadline as well:
Hotels being used – rate of $99 per night (plus taxes & fees) – Cut-off date for guaranteed hotel rate is March 28, 2019
Headquarters Hotel – LaQuinta and Suites*
653 NE Loop 820, Richland Hills, TX 76118
643 NE Loop 820 Richland Hills, TX
* shares a parking lot and are 1.5 miles from Calvary Lutheran, Richland Hills, just down the service road.
Hilton Garden Inn
1615 Campus Dr., Hurst, TX 76054
3.5 miles from Calvary Lutheran, Richland Hills
More Churches Hiring
Reba Liner, longtime Secretary, will be leaving Central, Dallas, at the end of March. Anyone who is interested in this part-time position can e-mail a resume to Scott Buie, Council President, at email@example.com.
Christ, Dallas, is seeking a part-time Children’s Minister for up to 20 hours per week to provide faith formation programming for the families and children of their congregation and preschool, plus organization, communication, and logistics support for the youth and children’s programs. Please send a cover letter and resume by April 1, 2019, to: Pastor Lanny Westphal, Christ Lutheran Church, 3001 Lovers Lane, Dallas TX 75225. Job description and more information available from Pastor Westphal, 312-608-8551 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Featured Resource for March
Troubling the Waters for Healing of the Church: A Journey for White Christians from privilege to partnership
Now available as a FREE download, this resource is for white congregation members to learn about racial justice.
Save the Date
March 31, 10:30am-2:00pm
2019 Briarwood Brunch Poster / Brochure with full details to print
Recent Blog Post
(https://www.ntnl.org/faithful-listening-with-luther-seminary/ – published Mar. 4)
Where in the world is?
- Mar. 12: HOT Conference Meeting
- Mar. 17: King of Glory, Dallas
- Mar. 17-19: Texas Lutheran-Episcopalian Legislative Event, Austin
- Mar. 9-10: Trinity, Lockney
- Mar. 10-12: ELCA Latino Strategy Team, Chicago, IL
- Mar. 14-15: Hispanic Theological Education Initiative, Wartburg Seminary
- Mar. 14: Last day for Early Bird Pricing for Synod Assembly
- Mar. 14-17: Via de Cristo, Briarwood
- Mar. 16: Taller ofrenda por internet, Briarwood
- Mar. 17-19: Texas Lutheran-Episcopalian Legislative Event, Austin, TX
- Mar. 21: Immigration Webinar, Session II: Borderland Perspectives on Diverse Worldviews, Virtual
- Mar. 28: Last day for Guaranteed Hotel Rates for Synod Assembly
- Mar. 28: Interfaith Advocacy Day, Austin, TX
- Mar. 28: Immigration Webinar, Session III: Theological Perspectives from the U.S. – Mexico Borderlands, Virtual
- Mar. 30: Taller de Justicial Racial, Alvarado, TX
- Mar. 30: WELCA Dallas Area Metro North conference retreat, Carrollton, TX
- Apr. 5-8: Ecumenical Advocacy Days, Washington, DC
- Apr. 5-14: Faith Climate Action Week
- Apr. 9-11: Young at Heart Retreat, Briarwood
- Apr. 13: PLMA, Spring 2019, Course 2, Briarwood
- Apr. 13: Public Witness Team monthly meeting, Arlington, TX
- Apr. 15: Last day to Register Online for Synod Assembly
- Apr. 26-27: 2019 Synod Assembly, Richland Hills, TX
- Apr. 26-28: Houston Gathering Reunion at Synod Assembly, Fort Worth, TX
Access our full online Calendar here. Updates made regularly.
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit to the Synod office (email@example.com) for consideration for upcoming NT-NL News.