ELCA Disability Ministries Awards
ELCA Disability Ministries has recently been notified of a $250,000 gift from the “Where Needed Most Fund” of Always Being Made New: The Campaign for the ELCA. We have decided to share this gift with ELCA congregations and affiliates (i.e. small ministry organizations, educational affiliates, and independent Lutheran organizations) through a Mental Health Ministry project. We invite you to apply for an opportunity to receive an award of up to $10,000 by partnering with a mental health organization such as Suicide Prevention Ministry, Pathways to Promise, or the National Alliance for Mental Illness. We will be able to do 25 or more grants for this project beginning immediately and through the application deadline of Jan. 31, 2019. Please visit elca.org/disability to learn more about the grant through the “Request for Proposals.”
ELCA Good Gifts
Will you help share ELCA Good Gifts with your congregation this Christmas?
Members of your congregation – like so many Americans – may be looking for ways to rethink the tradition of gift-giving at Christmas. What better way to celebrate God’s love in Christ than by sharing that love with others?
With ELCA Good Gifts, your members and their friends can choose from more than 50 life-changing, charitable gifts – such as a pair of goats, school fees, or a water well – and give a gift the world needs. Each gift can be given in honor of a friend or loved one and goes on to create transformative change in the lives of people in need.
LWF’s Season of Hope
Journey through the season of Lent with Lutheran World Relief. Proclaim to the world that the hope of Christ makes a new season possible: a Season of Hope. LWR has a collection of resources to invigorate congregations for global good, including weekly devotionals by Lutherans in the U.S. and LWR staff, a Palm Sunday bulletin insert, children’s activity sheets, and more.
Visit lwr.org/lent to download their resources and share in making a positive impact on families living in poverty around the world.
Give a gift and change a life through LWR Gifts. Did you know that chicks take just 120 days to mature and provide a lasting income for farmers and their families? In just 4 short months, a whole flock of chickens can start producing their own chicks! And you could give a hen and chicks, today, through LWR Gifts! By supporting the work of Lutheran World Relief, you are helping farmers and their families thrive.
Check out the LWR Gifts catalog online at gifts.lwr.org to support Lutheran World Relief in finding long-term, sustainable solutions to poverty.
Featured Resources for November
Justice for Women
If you are looking for more resources from a global perspective, explore the Gender Justice Policy of the Lutheran World Federation.
Save the Date
Briarwood Retreat Center
November 30 – December 2
Recent Blog Posts
Where in the world is?
- Nov. 11: Calvary, San Angelo
- Nov. 10: 60th Anniversary dinner for Bethany, Dallas
- Nov. 11: Our Saviour’s, Durant
- Nov. 5: Renewal Table, Four Mile, Mabank
- Nov. 6: Faithfulness in Innovation, Briarwood
- Nov. 8: Faith, Ft. Worth
- Nov. 9: Meeting in Irving
- Nov. 8: Real Men: Masculinities in the Gospel of Matthew, Fort Worth, TX
- Nov. 8-10: The 2018 Blandy Lectures, LSPS, Austin, TX
- Nov. 10: Bridging the Divide: Skills for better, more civil conversations in an uncivil society, Arlington, TX
- Nov. 12-13: Perkins Fall Convocation on Creative Worship, Dallas, TX
- Nov. 13-15: Young at Heart Retreat, Briarwood
- Nov. 16-18: National Young Adult Discernment Retreat, Tallapoosa, GA
- Nov. 17: PLMA Fall 2018, Course 3, Briarwood
- Nov. 17: MEF Board meeting, Grand Prairie, TX
- Nov. 18: Lutheran Campus Ministry (LCM) Trivia Challenge, Briarwood
- Nov. 29: ELCA Coach Training, Level 2, Briarwood
- Nov. 30 – Dec. 1: Candidacy Retreat, Briarwood
- Nov. 30 – Dec. 2: Upper Elementary Winter Retreat, Briarwood
- Dec. 1: High School Service Day (DFW area)
- Dec. 27-28: NT-NL 2018 Christmas Break Young Adult Retreat, Briarwood
- Jan. 13: ConFESt: Confirmands’ Afternoon with the Bishop, Dallas, TX
- Jan. 17: Boundaries Training, Briarwood
- Jan. 28-30: Tri-Theological Conference, Galveston, TX
Access our full online Calendar here. Updates made regularly.
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit to the Synod office (email@example.com) for consideration for upcoming NT-NL News.