Lutherans and Catholics gather in Sweden for joint service
On October 31, the 499th anniversary of the Reformation, a joint commemoration service took place in Lund, Sweden, that brought together leaders from both the Catholic and Lutheran faith traditions. During this service, Pope Francis and Cardinal Kurt Koch of the Roman Catholic Church joined in leading the service with Bishop Dr. Munib Younan and the Rev. Dr. Martin Junge, both of The Lutheran World Federation. Read more about this service or watch a recording of it.
Wartburg Theological Seminary (WTS) of the ELCA in Dubuque, Iowa, is currently in a process of self-study leading to a visit from two accrediting agencies in February 2018. The Association of Theological Schools and the Higher Learning Commission are seeking comments pertaining to substantive matters related to institutional or academic program quality as part of the evaluative process. You are invited to give input into this process. Your responses are valuable, both about WTS and about the Lutheran Seminary Program in the Southwest at Austin, Texas.
Please send your comments to one or both of the addresses listed in this flyer. You may respond in either instance by post or electronically.
You may call 800-CALL-WTS (225-5987) or email email@example.com if you have any questions about this request.
ELCA Candidacy and Mobility System Updates
Due to updates needed for the Word and Service Roster, from December 15 through January 17, the ELCA will be shutting down the Candidacy Portal and Mobility System. No Candidacy or Mobility forms can be completed or submitted during this time. Additionally, no edits will be allowed to submitted RLPs during this time. (First notice)
Rev. Dr. Peter Steinke is an internationally known church consultant. He has also served as a parish pastor, seminary professor, and director of a pastoral counseling center. He has written nine books, including the bestsellers, Congregational Leadership In Anxious Times and Healthy Congregations. He is currently working with churches as an interventionist, having served 8 denominations in 27 states. He has received the “Christos in Mundo” award, distinguished alumnus distinction, and an honorary doctoral degree from Brite Divinity School.
Here are two great and revelant interviews with the author:
Save the Date
LSPS Spanish Language and Hispanic Ministry Intensive I (May 28 – Jun 2)
Where in the world is?
- Nov. 26 – PLM Instructor
- Nov. 19-28 – Vacation
- Dec. 2-4: NT-NL High School Service Weekend
- Dec. 2-4: NT-NL Advent Retreat for 4th, 5th, 6th graders
- Dec. 3: BRIDGES Book Club: America’s Original Sin, Part Two
- Dec. 4: Sunday Brunch at Briarwood
- Dec. 10: Public Witness Team for Peace and Justice monthly meeting
- Dec. 16-17: NT-NL Candidacy Committee Meeting & Retreat
- Jan. 14: Public Witness Team for Peace and Justice monthly meeting
- Jan. 23-25: Tri-Synodical Theological Conference
- Jan. 27-29: NT-NL Junior High Gathering
- Feb. 10-11: Mission / Synod Council Meeting
- Feb. 10-11: Tri-Synodical Lutheran Men in Mission Gathering
- Feb. 11: Public Witness Team for Peace and Justice monthly meeting
- Feb. 12-14: 2017 Lutheran Legislative Event
- Feb. 19-21: LSTC Seminary Sampler
- Feb. 25: North Texas Senior Fest 2017 (ALOA)
- Feb. 25: Creation Care and Climate Change (PWT)
Access our full online Calendar here. Updates made regularly.
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit them to the Mission Area office (MissionOffice@ntnl.org) for consideration for our next NT-NL News. Remember to include a picture or logo.
Looking for information in past NT-NL News? Find NT-NL News archives here!