Early Registration for the 2014 Assembly ends March 14!
The North Central Texas Conference of NT-NL is offering a retreat entitled Little Purpose, Little Peace, Little Freedom on March 29th, 2014, from 9:00 to 3:30 at Rejoice Lutheran in Frisco.
Take a journey into spirituality and experience different paths to God. The speakers are Pastor Jane Mar from the NT-NL Mission Office and Sandra Gass.
Join Dr. Ted Campbell, Associate Professor of Church History at Perkins School of Theology, to learn why he thinks mainline churches are alive and well and what that means for your ministry.
To register for this Table Talk, please email Pastor Jane Mar at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cost is $12 and includes lunch. registration deadline is Friday, March 14.
Understanding College Admissions & Financial Aid: A Workshop for Students and Parents
- How to do a search for the college that is right for you
- How to fill out a strong application
- Understanding Financial Aid and the FAFSA
- Some Do’s and Don’ts to remember
Texas Lutheran University’s Vice President of Enrollment Services, Tom Oliver, will present this free workshop. Oliver is an “insider” to the college admissions process having spent 25 years on Admissions staffs for SMU, Southwestern, TCU, and Trinity. He will be available after the workshop for individual consultation.
Senior Citizens’ Retreat: Sleuthing the Psalms
What is it that has made the Psalms the most beloved hymnbook in the world? Why has its wisdom found its way into countless everyday expressions?
Join us at Briarwood for a relaxing and rejuvenating weekend as Carolyn Knudsen leads us in a fresh look at this always timely book. There will also be a variety of indoor and outdoor activities to participate in throughout the weekend. You won’t want to miss it!
University of ¡SAMARIA!
Please join us on Saturday, April 26 for University of ¡SAMARIA!
This day-long event is open to ALL—it is not limited to Assembly attendees! The cost is $35, which includes lunch. We are pleased to present a variety of gifted speakers and panelists who will help lead us as we journey “into the margins,” learning about those who are marginalized in our society and how we can address these issues as disciples of Jesus.
(If you are attending the Assembly, you do not need to register for the University.)
Journey with us to ¡SAMARIA!
With this assembly, the congregations and leaders of the NT-NL Mission Area continue to journey with Jesus into the world, under our 6-year theme: ReNewing DiscipleLife.
Our whole life is a journey of discipleship (DiscipleLife); our call is to go with Jesus, into the world, to touch the lives of those on the margins of society, as well as those who do not yet know Christ, with the love and mercy that Jesus showed. This year’s keynote speakers include:
- The Rev. Dr. Barbara Rossing
- José Huerta
- Joyce James
- Former Congressman Charles W. Stenholm
- The Rev. Susan Engh, ELCA Churchwide Representative
We will have a special concert Friday night with Christian duo Jason and deMarco Please visit the Mission Assembly page for more information, including registration links and election details. Association of Lutheran Church Musicians Summer Conferences
Upcoming Events in the NT—NL Mission Area and Beyond:
- Mar. 15:“Turning the Mirror Inward” Understanding Institutionalized Racism As The Root Cause of Racial Inequality at Bethany, Dallas
- Mar. 15: Parish Lay Mission Academy begins
- Mar. 18:Table Talk: Death of the Mainline—NOT!
- Mar. 21-23: Lutheran Men in Mission’s “Score one for Christ” Tri-Synod Men’s Gathering
- Mar. 29: “Little Purpose, Little Peace, Little Freedom” Retreat (registration deadline is Mar. 15)
- Apr. 4-6: Taize Dallas
- Apr. 6: Understanding College Admissions and Financial Aid, hosted by TLU at Shepherd of Life, Arlington
- Apr. 8-10: Senior Citizen’s Retreat at Briarwood
- Apr. 11-18: The Footsteps of Paul and the Glories of Greece Pilgrimage, Adult Lutherans Organized for Action (ALOA)
- Apr. 25-27: 2014 NT-NL Mission Assembly: ¡Samaria!
- Apr. 26: University of ¡Samaria!
- Apr. 27: World Malaria Sunday
- May 25-30: Lutheran Seminary Program in the Southwest’s Spanish Language and Hispanic Ministry Intensive
- Jul. 18-20: Lutheran Men in Mission’s Triennial Gathering, “Guys, Guts, and God’s Glory”
- Jul. 24-27: Women of the ELCA’s Ninth Triennial Gathering, “Of Many Generations”
- Jul. 28-30: Association of Lutheran Church Musicians Region 3 Summer Conference
- Sep. 7: “God’s Work. Our Hands.” Sunday