2016 Mission Assembly
April 22-24, Arlington TX
Submit a resolution by TODAY, April 8.
Be sure to join us in person or via Live Stream for the joint Metro West / Latino Conference TOMORROW, April 9 at Briarwood. We will be taking questions in English and in Spanish throughout the event.
Register for Assembly online by April 11.
If you are unable to make Assembly but would still love to join us for one of the evening meals on Friday and/or Saturday to honor our leaders? You can purchase meal tickets for those special events.
Bishop Kevin Kanouse will retire in June; we will elect a new bishop at the 2016 NT-NL Mission Assembly.
Please visit BpElection.ntnl.org for information and updates on the bishop election process.
For a full and current list of events in, and important to, our Mission Area, you can access our online. Here are some highlights:
- Briarwood “Run for the Roses” Gala, May 14, Euless TX
- Lutheran Seminary Program in the Southwest Summer Intensives
- Level 1 Intensive, Spanish Language and Hispanic Ministry, May 29-June 3, Austin TX
- Level 2 Intensive, Building Congregational Capacity for Hispanic Ministry, June 12-17, Austin TX
- ELCA Churchwide Assembly, August 8-13, New Orleans LA
- ELCA Grace Gathering, August 10-13, New Orleans LA
- “God’s Work. Our Hands.” Sunday, September 11
- Installation of NT-NL Bishop, September 17, Plano TX
- The 2016 Prayer Partners list is available at ntnl.org/2016prayerpartners.
- Please update the contact info for the person (or people) who manage your congregation’s communications!
- Share your (or your congregation’s) blog with NT-NL! Add your info to the RSS feed
If you haven’t already, please complete the 2016 Mission Support Statement of Intent form and submit by mail, email, or fax: Statement of Intent 2016 PDF | Statement of Intent Fillable PDF
Highlighted Resource: Where Does My Offering Go? ELCA poster
Important ELCA Updates
Congregation Observers at the 2016 ELCA Churchwide Assembly
Take advantage of the opportunity for one member of your congregation to attend the 2016 ELCA Churchwide Assembly as a congregation observer. Click here to read the notice received from the ELCA.
Free Christmas Trees Still Available
Free to a good church home. Two 16-foot artificial Christmas trees in great condition. Too tall for us! They are pre-lit with white lights (does not include ornaments). They are boxed and each in several sections for easier storage.
If you’re interested, please email Laura (First Lutheran, Temple) at email@example.com or call 254-624-7250.
If you have an event you would like the Mission Area office to help publicize, please send us the information at MissionOffice@ntnl.org.
Events organized by an individual congregation will be publicized through social media. If you have a Facebook event created, please forward the link to MissionOffice@ntnl.org or post the information directly to the NT-NL Mission Area Facebook page. If your congregation does not have a Facebook page, please contact us so we can set up the event on NT-NL’s page, if appropriate.
Looking for information in past Leader News emails? Find Leader News archives here!