Our Dame Judy is Stepping Out
After 20 years of friendly and faithful service, Judy Rommel, our Database Manager & Bookkeeper, will be retiring after December 17. All are invited to her Surprise (That She Already Knows About) Retirement Party on Thursday, Dec. 17 at the Christ Evangelical Lutheran Mission Center at Briarwood.
If you are able, joins us for lunch at 11:30 (bring a side dish!) or swing by after lunch. If you are not able to attend in person, please send well-wishes, cards, and lots of love as we say “See you soon!” to Judy.
As much as she may want to, we are not letting Judy go too far away! she has agreed to help us out on a contract and volunteer basis, especially around assembly time!
You know what would also make Judy’s day? If everyone turned in their 2016 Mission Support Statement of Intent before she left! (no, seriously… she told me that’s what she most wanted in the whoooole world… HONEST!)
Thursday, Jan. 14, 2016
Christ Evangelical Lutheran Mission Center at Briarwood
The Rev. Kendra Mohn (Trinity, Fort Worth) will lead another preaching planning workshop, this time focusing on Lent and Easter. You may attend in person ($75) or online ($50).
Please visit ntnl.org/preachingwebinar for information.
Saturday, Jan. 16, 2016
Faith Lutheran Church, Austin, TX
In response to the Supreme Court decision about marriage equality, the Capital South Conference of the Southwestern Texas Synod is hosting a Bible study to equip leaders around marriage equality issues. This event is planned for rostered leaders and congregational leaders as a time to reflect on what it means for us to “be church” in an inclusive context.
Bible study leaders are the Rev. Dr. Ray Picket, professor of New Testament studies at the Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago, and the Rev. Don Carlson.
Register at swtsynod.org (there is no cost to attend).
Religious organizations wishing to regulate firearms in their buildings are now required to post new signs at all public entrances to their buildings. Texas Impact has secured a bulk discount rate for signs that meet the legal specifications of the new law. Read more at texasimpact.org/GunSignsInfo
Mission Area Communications Policy
If you have an event you would like the mission office to help publicize, please send me the information at email@example.com.
Events organized by an individual congregation will be publicized through social media. If you have a Facebook event created for the event, please forward the link to firstname.lastname@example.org or post the information on the NT-NL Mission Area Facebook page. If your congregation does not have a Facebook page or if you would like help with creating a page or event, please contact me so I can walk you through the process or set up the event for you on NT-NL’s page, if appropriate.
If you have questions (about this or anything else communications-related) please feel free to call (940-241-2099) or email me!
Congregational Council Retreat
February 26-27, 2016
Briarwood Retreat Center
A retreat for congregational councils; topics will include healthy congregational leadership and how to do strategic planning. Registration coming soon!
- 2016 Tri-Synodical Theological Conference, Jan. 25-27, 2016, Arlington TX
- Mediation Skills Training Institute for Church Leaders presented by the Lombard Mennonite Peace Center, March 7-11, 2016, Dallas TX| Online registration
- Lutheran Seminary Program in the Southwest Summer Intensives
- The Level 1 intensive, May 29-June 3, 2016, Austin TX
- The Level 2 intensive, Building Congregational Capacity for Hispanic Ministry, June 12-17, 2016, Austin TX
- Please visit BpElection.ntnl.org for updates, information, and resources from the NT-NL Bishop Election Committee.
- Save the Date! “God’s Work. Our Hands” Sunday will be September 11, 2016: elca.org/dayofservice
- Please update the contact info for the person (or people) who manage your congregation’s communications!
- Share your (or your congregation’s) blog with NT-NL! Add your info to the RSS feed
- Have you verified your contact info on our Pulpit Supply page?