“Therefore keep watch, for you know neither the day nor the hour…”
…when your 2016 ID cards will arrive in the mail, along with a bunch of other important and riveting literature for you to read… packets are in the mail! Make sure you get yours—and read every word!
Registration deadline: TODAY at 3:00 p.m. CST
Thursday, Jan. 14 • 9:00-4:00 CST
Christ Evangelical Lutheran Mission Center at Briarwood
The Rev. Kendra Mohn (Trinity, Fort Worth) will lead another preaching planning workshop, this time focusing on Lent and Easter. You may attend in person ($75) or online ($50).
Please visit ntnl.org/preachingwebinar for information.
The Internal Revenue Service has issued its 2016 optional standard mileage rates. Due to falling gas prices, mileage reimbursement rates have dropped to their lowest amount in the past five years.
Congregational Council Retreat & Financial Workshop
February 26-27, 2016
Briarwood Retreat Center
Changes to Financial Procedures
We are moving to a new system of accounting, with the ELCA Mission Investment Fund handling all of our check writing, recording of Mission Support, and financial reporting. Read more about the change at ntnl.org/newfinancialprocedures, including a workshop opportunity offered during the Congregational Council retreat.
In September, Luther Seminary hosted a lecture by Walter Brueggemann, Professor Emeritus of Old Testament, Columbia Theological Seminary, on “Preaching the Old Testament.” Watch the lecture here.
Paraments to a Good Home
St. Paul Lutheran Church in Levelland has just gotten some new green paraments and they are looking for a place to donate the old ones. If you’re interested or know of a congregation or mission start who could use them, please contact Pr. Amanda Ullrich at firstname.lastname@example.org or 806-894-5407.
- A Light Unto Our Path: Exploring Marriage Equality in the Church, Jan. 16, 2016, Austin, TX
- 2016 Tri-Synodical Theological Conference, Jan. 25-27, 2016, Arlington TX
- Mediation Skills Training Institute for Church Leaders presented by the Lombard Mennonite Peace Center, March 7-11, 2016, Dallas TX| Online registration
- Lutheran Seminary Program in the Southwest Summer Intensives
- The Level 1 intensive, May 29-June 3, 2016, Austin TX
- The Level 2 intensive, Building Congregational Capacity for Hispanic Ministry, June 12-17, 2016, Austin TX
- The 2016 Prayer Partners list is available at ntnl.org/2016prayerpartners.
- Watch Weapons in Worship? New Texas Gun Laws and Religious Properties, or find more information from Texas Impact here.
- Please visit BpElection.ntnl.org for updates, information, and resources from the NT-NL Bishop Election Committee.
- Save the Date! “God’s Work. Our Hands” Sunday will be September 11, 2016: elca.org/dayofservice
- Please update the contact info for the person (or people) who manage your congregation’s communications!
- Share your (or your congregation’s) blog with NT-NL! Add your info to the RSS feed
- Have you verified your contact info on our Pulpit Supply page?
Mission Area Communications Policy
If you have an event you would like the mission office to help publicize, please send us the information at MissionOffice@ntnl.org.
Events organized by an individual congregation will be publicized through social media. If you have a Facebook event created for the event, please forward the link to MissionOffice@ntnl.org or post the information on the NT-NL Mission Area Facebook page.
Looking for stuff in past Leader News emails? Find Leader News archives here!