9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Friday, September 25, 2015
First Presbyterian Church of Dallas
1835 Young St., Dallas
More than 472,000 people in Dallas County are food insecure and worry about how they will put food on the table each day. Over 179,000 of those who are food insecure are children.
You are invited to attend the fourth annual Dallas Hunger Summit, organized by the Dallas Coalition for Hunger Solutions and Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson, to learn more about programs, resources, and networking opportunities in the Dallas & Fort Worth areas including workshops on urban gardening, feeding programs for seniors, children & students, and more.
There is a $10 registration fee, which covers the cost of lunch. Register for the Hunger Summit today!
2015 Table Talks
Tuesday, Sept. 29 • Streng Center
Have you ever wondered…
Who should be baptized?
Do I have to be baptized to take Communion?
Who should be admitted to the Table? And at what age?
And what’s the deal with giving out grapes and Goldfish?
Join us Tuesday, Sept. 29 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Streng Center of the Christ Evangelical Lutheran Mission Center at Briarwood or online on our YouTube channel for a conversation about sacramental practice and ways to provide pastoral care that is theologically grounded.
The cost to attend is $12 for those who pay now with a credit card, or you can pay $15 at the door (cash or check).
If you cannot attend in person, register to attend online (no fee). We will email you with a reminder the day before the event, with the links to watch the Table Talk live.
Are you involved in worship planning or preaching?
Check out our Advent and Christmas Preaching Planning Workshop!
2016 MEF Grant Applications Now Available
The Mission Endowment Fund wants to help you sow and grow disciples of Jesus across the NT-NL Mission Area! Applications are due October 31, 2015; fund will be awarded after the February 2016 Board meeting.
To view the grant guidelines and to download an application, visit ntnl.org/mef-grants.
Already have the day planned? Register your activities here!
Download resources (including bulletin inserts, the 2015 Toolkit, worship resources, and more!) at elca.org/Resources/GWOH-Sunday.
Interested in a June 2016 Luther Lands Tour?
Next summer is a great time to travel to Germany and visit the Lands of Luther, especially in light of the 500th anniversary of the Reformation coming up in 2017.
Join Bishop Kevin Kanouse for the 11-day tour June 20-30, 2016, which will include stops in Augsburg, Frankfurt, Erfurt, Eisleben, Wittenberg, Rhine Valley, Warburg, Berlin, and Munich.
Find more information at ntnl.org/lutherlands-2016-tour/.
This year the Briarwood Fall Festival is joining Thrivent Financial’s 2nd Annual Cooking For Christ Cook-off on Saturday October 3rd from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Read more here!
Oct. 21, 7:30-9:00 p.m.
Jackson Auditorium, Texas Lutheran University
For more information, visit TLU’s website.
2016 Travel Opportunities Offered by LEAD
- In Search of Paul: An Aegean Odyssey to Turkey and Greece
- Jesus Christ, Empire, and Paul’s Gospel: An Immersion in Rome and Romans
Upcoming Events in the NT-NL Mission Area and Beyond:
- Sep. 13: “God’s Work. Our Hands.” Sunday
- Sept. 17: Preaching Planning Workshop
- Sept. 20-23: Claiming Your Vocation for Life
- Sep. 29: Table Talk: The Use of the Means of Grace with Pr. Kevin Strickland & Pr. Martin Seltz
- Oct. 9: Briarwood Invitational Golf Outing
- Oct. 9-10: NT-NL Synodical Women’s Organization Fall Retreat
- Oct. 17: MEF “Seeds that Change” Dinner
- Oct. 23-25: Lutheran Men in Mission’s One Year To Live Retreat
- Oct. 26: An Evening with Presiding Bishop Eaton
- Oct. 26-28: 2015 Bishop’s Convocation: NT-NL Welcomes Presiding Bishop Elizabeth Eaton
- Nov. 2: Portico Pre-Retirement Seminar
- Nov. 3: Portico Early/Mid-Career Financial Wellness Seminar
- Nov. 13-15: Divergent – Jr. High Gathering 2015
- Nov. 15: Lutheran Campus Ministry Trivia Challenge
- Jan. 15-17, 2016: NT-NL High School Service Weekend
- Jan. 25-27, 2016: Tri-Synodical Theological Leadership Conference
- Feb. 19-21, 2016: Peer Ministry Leadership Event
- Apr. 22-24, 2016: NT-NL Mission Assembly
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit them to Criss Forshay (firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration for our next NT-NL News. Don’t forget to include a picture or logo!