This Thursday: Confronting Racism
Join ELCA Presiding Bishop Elizabeth Eaton and William B. Horne II, an ELCA member from Clearwater, Fla., for a live webcast conversation on the complexity and implications of racism Aug. 6 at 8 p.m. (CDT).
The conversation (scheduled to be about 45 minutes) will be recorded and available at the same link (elca.org/webcast) for later viewing.
Due to the late broadcast hour, we encourage congregations to schedule “re-watching parties” at a later time; the video can be used as part of a Sunday school or Bible study class, or can be its own discussion event. The NT-NL Public Witness for Peace and Justice Team will compile a list of questions and discussion points from the conversation for congregations and groups to use, if they so choose.
Follow the conversation on Twitter at #ELCAConfrontRacism.
Interested in submitting a question for the ELCA presiding bishop to consider during the live webcast? Send your question to email@example.com. Please provide your name and your congregation’s name, city, and state.
Has your congregation designated a Sunday to be Malaria Day? Help us make malaria history! Take up a special offering for the ELCA Malaria Campaign, and share the link ntnl.org/malaria with friends and family. Help the mission area reach our goal of $160,000!
Looking for resources? Check out ntnl.org/malariaday2015.
Already have the day planned? Register your activities here!
Download resources (including bulletin inserts, the 2015 Toolkit, worship resources, and more!) at elca.org/Resources/GWOH-Sunday.
Have you ordered your shirts yet? Deadline is August 10! Visit OldLutheran.com for more information.
Have you heard? ELCA World Hunger’s Walk for Water was a huge hit at the ELCA Youth Gathering. After the Sunday morning offering, money raised totaled more than $402,000 of our $500,000 goal. Thank you!
But we are not done yet! We have until the end of this year to raise the remaining $98,000 for ELCA World Hunger supported water projects. A generous family has offered to match all gifts toward this goal, dollar for dollar, until we reach a total of $1 million! Time is running out; for the remainder of this year ONLY, we’ve launched a site to help you create your own individual, team, or congregation fundraising event.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP (or click the image above)!
Lutheran Men in Mission’s One Year To Live Retreat
October 23-25, 2015
Camp Chrysalis, Kerville
For more information, visit lutheranmeninmission.org/events/oytl.html
Upcoming Events in the NT-NL Mission Area and Beyond:
- Aug. 6: Confronting Racism webcast
- Aug. 23: Briarwood Brunch
- Aug. 23: NT-NL Synodical Women’s Organization Summer Retreat
- Aug. 24-28: Mediation Skills Training Institute
- Sep. 13: “God’s Work. Our Hands.” Sunday
- Sept. 20-23: Claiming Your Vocation for Life
- Sep. 29: Table Talk: The Use of the Means of Grace with Pr. Kevin Strickland & Pr. Martin Seltz
- Oct. 9: Briarwood Invitational Golf Outing
- Oct. 9-10: NT-NL Synodical Women’s Organization Fall Retreat
- Oct. 17: MEF “Seeds that Change” Dinner
- Oct. 23-25: Lutheran Men in Mission’s One Year To Live Retreat
- Oct. 26-28: 2015 Bishop’s Convocation with special guest Presiding Bishop Elizabeth Eaton!
- Nov. 2: Portico Pre-Retirement Seminar
- Nov. 3: Portico Early/Mid-Career Financial Wellness Seminar
- Nov. 13-15: Divergent – Jr. High Gathering 2015
- Nov. 15: Lutheran Campus Ministry Trivia Challenge
- Jan. 15-17, 2016: NT-NL High School Service Weekend
- Jan. 24-26, 2016: Tri-Synodical Theological Leadership Conference
- Feb. 19-21, 2016: Peer Ministry Leadership Event
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit them to Criss Forshay (email@example.com) for consideration for our next NT-NL News. Don’t forget to include a picture or logo!