This week we pray for:
First in Waco (Dr. Rebecca Whitaker, Interim)
St. John in Wilson (Tonda Freitag, SAWL)
Lutheran Seminary Program in the Southwest
Join us as we observe 40 days since the shooting at Mother Emanuel AME Church in Charleston.
The service will be live streamed at kingofglory.com/live.
All are welcome; a light meal will follow the service.
Last Call for On-Site Day Camp!
Briarwood added one more week of on-site day camp, July 27-31. Register today! briarwoodretreat.campbrainregistration.com
Briarwood Golf Outing
Golfers or Sponsors! Register at bidpal.net/briarwoodgolf. For more information, go to briarwoodreatreat.org.
Join ELCA Presiding Bishop Elizabeth Eaton and William B. Horne II, an ELCA member from Clearwater, Fla., for a live webcast conversation on the complexity and implications of racism Aug. 6 at 8 p.m. (CDT).
Lutheran Men in Mission’s One Year To Live Retreat
October 23-25, 2015
Camp Chrysalis, Kerville
For more information, visit lutheranmeninmission.org/events/oytl.html
Upcoming Events in the NT-NL Mission Area and Beyond:
- Jul. 26: Service of Mourning and Repentance at King of Glory, Dallas
- Aug. 6: Confronting Racism webcast
- Aug. 23: NT-NL Synodical Women’s Organization Summer Retreat
- Aug. 24-28: Mediation Skills Training Institute
- Sep. 13: “God’s Work. Our Hands.” Sunday
- Sept. 20-23: Claiming Your Vocation for Life
- Sep. 29: Table Talk: The Use of the Means of Grace with Pr. Kevin Strickland & Pr. Martin Seltz
- Oct. 9-10: NT-NL Synodical Women’s Organization Fall Retreat
- Oct. 17: MEF “Seeds that Change” Dinner
- Oct. 23-25: Lutheran Men in Mission’s One Year To Live Retreat
- Oct. 26-28: 2015 Bishop’s Convocation with special guest Presiding Bishop Elizabeth Eaton!
- Nov. 2: Portico Pre-Retirement Seminar
- Nov. 3: Portico Early/Mid-Career Financial Wellness Seminar
- Nov. 15: Lutheran Campus Ministry Trivia Challenge
- Jan. 24-26, 2016: Tri-Synodical Theological Leadership Conference
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit them to Criss Forshay (email@example.com) for consideration for our next Briefings. Don’t forget to include a picture or logo!