Thursday Oct 20 our DEM the Rev. Irma Banales brought together a group of NT-NL Synod, ELCA leaders along with leaders from across our church for a “Re-Formation” event. This was a first of its kind online event in our church to hear from leaders engaging in new and emerging ministries both in NT-NL and beyond.
We heard from Pastor Pepa of Kin-dom community. An intentional outreach in the north Dallas suburbs to the LGBTQ community. From Marco, Abby, and Angela of our NT-NL Latinx young adult group. And Pastor Jason Adams from Las Vegas about the work his community has done to engage their neighborhood of unchurched folks. Great stories and encouragement.
A great group of over 30 folks logged in for the conversation and to hear of the ways the ELCA and our synod can help resource and encourage these ministries. Exciting things happening across NT-NL and this was just a taste of it. Look forward to more ways we can highlight mission and ministry. #NTNL #InMissionTogether
You may watch that recording here:
Other details shared during this event:
One on One conversation
What brought you here?
What keeps you here?
How may I pray for you?
Identify gifts in a leader
1. Strong faith formation: Demonstrates a passion for Jesus through discipleship, ability to articulate the gospel, and spiritual practices.
2. Visioning capacity: Develops plans and priorities to implement actions for growth.
3. Ability to gather people: Shows commitment to building a group of leaders who will help accomplish ministry goals.
4. Equipping leaders to use their gifts: Empowers others in their vocations and callings.
5. Resilience: Demonstrates grit, expects the unexpected and makes the most of it.
6. Cross-cultural competence (anti-racist): Desires to face and continually address their own racism and systemic racism.
7. Commitment to the ELCA in all expressions: Demonstrates a commitment to mission development with other congregations, synod, and churchwide expressions.