What IS the University of ¡SAMARIA!?
It’s a day-long event where you will hear gifted, passionate speakers and will have the option to choose from 48 different workshops to attend during the four hour-long “class” sessions.
Topics include bullying, domestic violence, racism, water ethics, public education, government policy, community organizing, mission in action, and how to be church “outside the box.” Come take a walk with us, as we follow Jesus “into the margins” and hang out with the outcast Samaritans of today.
You don’t have to be registered for the whole assembly—just come for the University! The $35 fee includes lunch. Find out more at NTNL.org.
(If you are attending the Assembly, you do not need to register for the University.)
Briarwood’s Run for the Roses Gala
Senior Citizens’ Retreat: Sleuthing the Psalms
What is it that has made the Psalms the most beloved hymnbook in the world?
Why has its wisdom found its way into countless everyday expressions?
Join us April 8-10 at Briarwood for a relaxing and rejuvenating time as Carolyn Knudsen leads us in a fresh look at this always timely book. There will also be a variety of indoor and outdoor activities to participate in throughout the weekend. You won’t want to miss it!
NT-NL Mission Area continues to increase its giving toward the ELCA’s Malaria Initiative. As of February 1, 2014, our contribution totals $111,065 (of $160,000 pledged for the four-year campaign) — THANK YOU! Every year, millions of people across the globe commemorate World Malaria Day on April 25. This year, the ELCA is encouraging all congregations to set aside April 27 as World Malaria Sunday. On World Malaria Sunday, we honor those who have died, pray for those who suffer, and support those who work to end malaria. Your gifts during World Malaria Week will be matched for extra impact (matching amount will be announced soon). The ELCA Malaria Campaign has developed a World Malaria Day Action Kit, which will make planning easy. Download those resources here!
Global Church PlaceMaps
This FREE resource has been newly redesigned and made available for use as dinner place mats, displays or coloring sheets.
Download an 11 X 17 copy or request 100 or 200 in pre-printed pads with free shipping and handling at 800-638-3522 or RIS@elca.org. Order larger quantities at www.ELCA.org/globalmission-resources; shipping and handling charges will apply.
Make sure to subscribe to the DiscipleLifeMission YouTube channel!
Give yourself and youth a gift by sharing time at Texas Lutheran University at the only intentional cross-generational leadership school in our church.
The Disciple Project is a learning community where we stretch our imagination and increase our capacity as leaders. This is time away from our busy lives to learn practices and skills for following Jesus in a changing time.
People in 8th grade through adults are encouraged to be part of this special experience! This event is offered by LEAD, a ministry of the Texas-Lousiana Gulf Coast Synod.
Upcoming Events in the NT-NL Mission Area and Beyond:
- Apr. 6: Understanding College Admissions and Financial Aid, hosted by TLU at Shepherd of Life, Arlington
- Apr. 8-10: Senior Citizen’s Retreat at Briarwood
- Apr. 11-18: The Footsteps of Paul and the Glories of Greece Pilgrimage, Adult Lutherans Organized for Action (ALOA)
- Apr. 25-27: 2014 NT-NL Mission Assembly: ¡Samaria!
- Apr. 26: University of ¡Samaria!
- Apr. 27: World Malaria Sunday
- May 3: Briarwood’s Run for the Roses Gala
- May 25-30: Lutheran Seminary Program in the Southwest’s Spanish Language and Hispanic Ministry Intensive
- Jun. 22: Refugee Day
- Jun. 23-27: Disciple Project at Texas Lutheran University (Gulf Coast Synod)
- Jun. 30-Jul 2: Association of Lutheran Church Musicians Region 2 Conference, “Many Voices, One Choir” in Charlotte, NC
- Jul. 18-20: Lutheran Men in Mission’s Triennial Gathering, “Guys, Guts, and God’s Glory”
- Jul. 24-27: Women of the ELCA’s Ninth Triennial Gathering, “Of Many Generations”
- Jul. 28-30: Association of Lutheran Church Musicians Region 3 Summer Conference
- Sep. 7: “God’s Work. Our Hands.” Sunday