This means we only have $17,600 to go by the year’s end to reach our goal of $160,000! Thank you for your support!
Find out more about the ELCA Malaria Campaign, including tons of downloadable resources!
Read Bishop Eaton’s column from the July issue of The Lutheran:
“Big Look at Small Catechism”
Download a PDF of the flier here, or check their website for more information.
It’s a Christian rock festival in the middle of west Texas, Thursday Aug. 7-Saturday, Aug. 9. Wanna go? Need a place to say?
Christ’s, Hope, and Midland Lutheran Churches want to welcome you! Bring a sleeping bag, rock out with great music and chill out with great friends.
For more information, contact Richard Lamb at 432-385-4022 or email@example.com. Download a promotional flier here!
The Name Gathering Project
Help Lutheran Campus Ministries collect names of new and returning college students for The Name Gathering Project. This is a nation-wide ELCA project—whether your young adults are staying close to home or heading to the opposite coast, please click here to submit their name and contact information, so local Lutheran Campus Ministries can invite them to “Come and See!”
For more information on NT-NL’s Lutheran Campus Ministries, please contact Pastor Celene Welch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Rev. Judith Spindt, Director of Evangelical Mission for the Southwest Texas Synod, for Boundary Awareness Training on Tuesday, August 19 from 10:00-4:00 at Briarwood Retreat Center. The seminar will address how to establish and maintain personal and professional boundaries when dealing with coworkers, with parishioners, and with youth.
This one-day seminar is strongly recommended for all leaders in the church, rostered and lay, employed and volunteer. Most church insurance plans strongly recommend congregation leaders and staff attend this training; rostered leaders are expected to complete this training at least once every three years.
All staff and volunteers who work with youth and children should attend.
Cost for the seminar is $12 for lunch. To register (to attend in person or via live stream) please email Pastor Jane at email@example.com.
Upcoming Events in the NT-NL Mission Area and Beyond:
- Jul. 18-20: Lutheran Men in Mission’s Triennial Gathering, “Guys, Guts, and God’s Glory”
- Jul. 24-27: Women of the ELCA’s Ninth Triennial Gathering, “Of Many Generations”
- Jul. 28-30: Association of Lutheran Church Musicians Region 3 Summer Conference
- Aug. 19: Boundary Awareness Seminar
- Sep. 7: “God’s Work. Our Hands.” Sunday
- Sep. 12: Briarwood Golf Outing
- Sep. 23: NT-NL Table Talk: Moral Injury
- Oct. 2: Luther Then, Bonhoeffer Now – Dr. Larry Rasmussen
- Oct. 5: NT-NL’s Definitely-Abled Sunday
- Oct. 10-12: NT-NL Synodical Women’s Organization Convention (Abilene, TX)
- Oct. 11: MEF’s Seeds that Change Dinner
- Oct. 27-29: Bishop’s Convocation
- Apr. 21-May 8, 2015: In Search of Paul: An Aegean Odyssey A LEAD pilgrimage for rostered leaders and church professionals
- Apr. 24-26, 2015: NT-NL Mission Assembly