Christ’s, Hope, and Midland Lutheran Churches invite you to stay with them for this awesome Christian rock festival weekend, Aug. 7-9. in the middle of west Texas! Bring a sleeping bag, rock out with great music, and chill out with great friends.
For more information, and to book your floor space, contact Richard Lamb at 432-385-4022 or email@example.com.
The TX-LA Gulf Coast Synod Worship Excellence Team would like to invite you and your church musicians to the TUNE UP worship band gathering, a multi-denominational training event for contemporary worship musicians, on Saturday, August 9 from 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM at Faith Lutheran Church in Bellaire, TX.
This event is an opportunity for contemporary worship musicians to learn and grow with specific learning tracks for worship leaders, vocalists, guitarists (acoustic, electric, and bass), keyboardists, drummers, sound techs, and video techs.
Worship Bands, Praise Teams, Directors of Music, and Pastors will all take away from this event techniques and strategies that they can immediately implement.
Cost is $25 per person or $150 per church* with lunch included! (*no limit on the number of church members who may attend for the $150 registration)
Briarwood Retreat Center will host its annual Invitational Golf Outing at Bridlewood Golf Club, Flower Mound, TX on Friday, September, 12, 2014.
Funds raised from this Invitational Golf Outing are used to make camp affordable for all children and youth, and provides camperships for those with specific needs. Thank you very much for your support of this endeavor and for your continued support of the ministry at Briarwood!
Golfer Registration Includes:
- Light Breakfast
- Range Balls
- 2 Drink Tickets
- 1 Raffle ticket (more tickets available for sale)
- Longest Drive Contest
- Closest to the Pin Contest
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place Low Gross Scores plus Last Place Awards
Register early as there is a limited number of spots!
The Name Gathering Project
Help Lutheran Campus Ministries collect names of new and returning college students for The Name Gathering Project. This is a nation-wide ELCA project—whether your young adults are staying close to home or heading to the opposite coast, please click here to submit their name and contact information, so local Lutheran Campus Ministries can invite them to “Come and See!”
For more information on NT-NL’s Lutheran Campus Ministries, please contact Pastor Celene Welch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Rev. Judith Spindt, Director of Evangelical Mission for the Southwest Texas Synod, for Boundary Awareness Training on Tuesday, August 19 from 10:00-4:00 at Briarwood Retreat Center. The seminar will address how to establish and maintain personal and professional boundaries when dealing with coworkers, with parishioners, and with youth.
This one-day seminar is strongly recommended for all leaders in the church, rostered and lay, employed and volunteer. Most church insurance plans strongly recommend congregation leaders and staff attend this training; rostered leaders are expected to complete this training at least once every three years.
All staff and volunteers who work with youth and children should attend.
Cost for the seminar is $12 for lunch. To register (to attend in person or via live stream) please email Pastor Jane at email@example.com.
The NT-NL Mission Area will observe Global Church Sunday on Sunday, Sept. 21.
Congregations are invited to celebrate our church’s connection and common mission within Christ’s global church by sponsoring a Global Church Sunday. Celebrate by taking a special offering for an ELCA missionary or global ministry, hosting a coffee hour with treats from around the world or including global songs in your worship service.
A toolkit of these and other ideas for congregations will be released this August. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Events in the NT-NL Mission Area and Beyond:
- Jul. 28-30: Association of Lutheran Church Musicians Region 3 Summer Conference
- Aug. 9: TUNE UP Worship Band Gathering (Bellaire, TX)
- Aug. 19: Boundary Awareness Seminar
- Aug. 26: TLU’s Opening Convocation and Installation of the Rev. Kara Joy Stewart
- Sep. 7: “God’s Work. Our Hands.” Sunday
- Sep. 12: Briarwood Invitational Golf Outing
- Sep. 21: Global Church Sunday
- Sep. 23: NT-NL Table Talk: Moral Injury
- Oct. 2: Luther Then, Bonhoeffer Now – Dr. Larry Rasmussen
- Oct. 5: NT-NL’s Definitely-Abled Sunday
- Oct. 10-12: NT-NL Synodical Women’s Organization Convention (Abilene, TX)
- Oct. 11: MEF’s Seeds that Change Dinner
- Oct. 27-29: Bishop’s Convocation
- Jan. 26-28, 2015: Tri-Synodical Theological Conference
- Apr. 21-May 8, 2015: In Search of Paul: An Aegean Odyssey A LEAD pilgrimage for rostered leaders and church professionals
- Apr. 24-26, 2015: NT-NL Mission Assembly
- May 24-29, 2015: LSPS’s Spanish Language and Hispanic Ministry Intensive