- This event has passed.
2018 First Call Retreat
Argyle, TX 76226 United States + Google Map
It’s time yet again for our annual First Call Retreat. This year, it will be held at Briarwood Retreat Center from Monday, September 24, to Wednesday, September 26. Our theme this year is about tending to your own spiritual care and sharing best practices with each other.
There will be:
* Fellowship & free time
* Bible study, worship, and devotional elements
* time with some spiritual directors to learn about the practice
* opportunities for you to share with each other about your own best practices.
* text study group time to prepare for the upcoming Sunday (if you desire)
What we need to know from y’all is, are there spiritual/relaxation practices you do that you would be willing to share/teach/guide during our Tuesday afternoon session? If so, please let us know on your registration form. That will be helpful as we continue to develop the plans and schedule. We’re open to ideas of all kinds.
The $145 cost includes:
* two nights lodging (double rooms with two full beds – sorry, single rooms are not an option due to space & numbers)
* breakfast & dinner for both days
* lunch on Tuesday (lunch Monday & Wednesday are on your own, but there are plenty of options within a few miles of Briarwood)
Two of the Tuesday afternoon free time options do involve an additional cost of $25, so if you choose to participate in archery or the zip line/ropes activity at Briarwood, please indicate that when you register, and that cost will be added to your registration.
We realize that for some of you this registration cost may exceed your budget. If it is a hardship for you, please let us know. We also know that some of you have generous continuing education budgets that may allow you to contribute to help underwrite the cost for those who need some financial assistance. If that is the case, there is an option to do that as well with your registration.
We look forward to our time together in September!