Emergency Medical Relief Response for West Africa Ebola Crisis
Please consider taking a special collection to help us send a container of medical supplies to Sierra Leone, our companion synod and the epicenter of the Ebola outbreak. Please encourage your members to donate and to share this information (and donation link) with friends and family.
Thank you to those of you who have made individual donations and congregational gifts already!
Registration deadline is Friday, August 15
The Rev. Judith Spindt, Director of Evangelical Mission for the Southwestern Texas Synod, will present this seminar, Tuesday, August 19 from 10:00-4:00 at Briarwood Retreat Center. The seminar will address how to establish and maintain personal and professional boundaries when dealing with coworkers, with parishioners, and with youth.
Thank you to those who have already registered! If you plan to attend via webinar, please register now—space is limited and filling fast.
Please email Pastor Jane at firstname.lastname@example.org to register, whether you will be attending in person or via live stream. Cost for the seminar is $12 for lunch.
2014 Bishop’s Convocation
Turning Preaching Inside Out: Preaching & Worship as Faith Formation
with Dr. Rolf Jacobson
Download the 2014 Convocation Brochure here. Online registration will be available mid-August.
The Rev. Kara Stewart
as Texas Lutheran University’s Campus Pastor
will take place during
TLU’s Opening Convocation
Tuesday, August 26 at 9:30 a.m.
Find out more on TLU’s website.
2014 Confirmation Retreat
Briarwood Retreat Center
We are God’s D’Light. So…what does that even mean?
This past summer at Briarwood, we explored this amazing truth about who we are as Christians in this world, and what that means for how we live our lives. We will continue to focus on the pleasure of being God’s D’Light!
Our hope is to provide a strong starting point for confirmation groups. There is 4 hours of time set aside for Pastor or sponsor time to begin lessons with the group. A group leader may decide to fill some of this time by having Briarwood staff lead team building games and activities for your kids to strengthen the group dynamics or you may choose to begin your curriculum. We want to help send the message that confirmation is something that is both fun and important. Briarwood can provide a variety of resources to help, just let us know what you may need.
Cost: $50 per youth, Adults are FREE
Congregations must provide chaperones for this event, one male/female for every 7 boys/girls that they bring. We request that these adults be 21 years old or older. Congregations may arrange to share chaperones in advance.
Mosaic’s Clergy Appreciation Luncheon
Save the date!
The Dallas-area Clergy Appreciation luncheon will be October 9th at noon at Kenny’s Italian Kitchen in Dallas.
Fort Worth Clergy Appreciation lunch will be on October 1st at noon (location is still being determined).
For more information, please contact Lori Baum, Community Relations Manager, at email@example.com or 972.866.9989 x322.
Are you interested in leading well? Then Leading Well: Equipping for Leadership in God’s World may just be the learning event you’re looking for!
Leading Well is a three-year curriculum for leaders of vital, healthy communities of faith who wish to:
- Explore their gifts, strengths and values and their implications for how they lead
- Refine their capacity to work effectively with staff and volunteers
- Practice what it means to live and lead well
- Understand their ministry contexts
- Take time for worship, prayer, rest and fellowship
Leading Well is being offered November 18-21, 2014 at Spirit in the Desert Retreat Center (Carefree, AZ) and January 27-30 at the Duncan Conference Center (Delray Beach, FL). More details about the curriculum and schedule are available at LeadingWellInstitute.org.
The events are sponsored by Augsburg College, Portico Benefit Services, the Duncan Center, and Spirit in the Desert.
Resources and Opportunities:
- LEAD (Living Everyday As Disciples) 10-Minute Toolbox (Gulf Coast Synod)
- 2015 Calendar of Word and Season (Augsburg Fortress)
- Upcoming webinars from Augsburg Fortress and Sparkhouse
- Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary Workshops and Lectures:
- Drawn In: Learning to Use the Creative Process for Spiritual Formation Sept. 17
- Life As Art: Resting, Listening, and Risking as Creatives Sept. 18-19
- The Law of Someday: Generations, Giving, & the Church Sept. 23
- REFOCUS: A learning community of care for people who work with youth Sept. 29-Oct. 1
- The Power and Practice of Personal Storytelling Oct. 6-8
- Preparing for Advent Oct. 10
- Finishing with Vitality Oct. 13-14
- Links, Likes, & Follows Oct. 20-22
- 2014 APT/NASSAM Tentmaking Conference: Ministry in a Changing Church Oct. 31-Nov. 2
- Cruzando la Frontera: Ministerio Juvenil Nov. 15