Emergency Medical Relief Response for the West Africa Ebola Crisis
NT-NL has partnered with The IDEA Foundation to send a container of medical supplies to Sierra Leone, the epicenter of the Ebola outbreak. We are asking for donations to cover the cost of this container, the supplies, and the shipping; please consider making a donation or taking a special offering in your congregation, and also spreading the word to friends and family.
Donations can be made through PayPal or by mail: NT-NL Mission Office, P.O. Box 560587, Dallas TX 75356-0587.
Tuesday, August 19 • 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Briarwood Retreat Center and via webinar
This training, led by the Rev. Judith Spindt, DEM for the Southwestern Texas Synod, is strongly recommended for all leaders, lay and rostered, staff and volunteer.
Please email Pastor Jane at email@example.com to register—remember you must register whether you will attend in person or via webinar (we will not live-stream via YouTube as we’ve done before; you will need a link and a code to access the feed).
Installation of the Rev. Kara Joy Stewart
as Texas Lutheran University’s Campus Pastor
will take place during
TLU’s Opening Convocation
Tuesday, August 26 • 9:30 a.m.
Save the Date!
Turning Preaching Inside Out:
Dr. Rolf Jacobson
Yellow: Wear it, Share it!
September 7 is “God’s Work. Our Hands.” Sunday. We know what Presiding Bishop Eaton will be doing that day! What about you?
What does your congregation have planned? Are you partnering with your Macedonia Cluster for a joint project?
Looking for resources? Visit elca.org/dayofservice to download a toolkit, bulletin inserts, and more—be sure to check out the media outreach section to get the word out in your community!
Already have your project planned and ready to go? Let us know! Register your congregation’s project with the ELCA, and email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can (humbly) brag about you.
Whether you’re wearing your yellow “God’s Work. Our Hands.” shirts or not, we want to see you! We want to share your stories! Please contact Criss at email@example.com if you would like to document of your congregation’s activities through the NT-NL Instagram account on that day!
Briarwood Retreat Center will host its annual Invitational Golf Outing at Bridlewood Golf Club, Flower Mound, TX on Friday, September, 12, 2014.
Funds raised from this Invitational Golf Outing are used to make camp affordable for all children and youth, and provides camperships for those with specific needs. Thank you very much for your support of this endeavor and for your continued support of the ministry at Briarwood!
Golfer Registration Includes:
- Light Breakfast
- Range Balls
- 2 Drink Tickets
- 1 Raffle ticket (more tickets available for sale)
- Longest Drive Contest
- Closest to the Pin Contest
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place Low Gross Scores plus Last Place Awards
Register early as there is a limited number of spots!
The NT-NL Mission Area will observe Global Church Sunday on Sunday, Sept. 21
Congregations are invited to celebrate our church’s connection and common mission within Christ’s global church by sponsoring a Global Church Sunday. Celebrate by taking a special offering for an ELCA missionary or global ministry, hosting a coffee hour with treats from around the world or including global songs in your worship service.
A toolkit of these and other ideas for congregations will be released this month. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fourth Annual Luther Lecture: Luther Then, Bonhoeffer Now
Dr. Larry Rasmussen
Presented by the American Luther Research Center and the NT-NL Mission Area, ELCA
October 2, 2014
10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
St. Michael and All Angels Episcopal Church
8011 Douglas Avenue
RSVP by Monday, September 15 to Sandra Bauer at 972-241-3545 or email@example.com
Upcoming Events in the NT-NL Mission Area and Beyond:
- Aug. 19: Boundary Awareness Seminar
- Aug. 26: TLU’s Opening Convocation and Installation of the Rev. Kara Joy Stewart
- Sep. 7: “God’s Work. Our Hands.” Sunday
- Sep. 12: Briarwood Invitational Golf Outing
- Sep. 21: Global Church Sunday
- Sep. 23: NT-NL Table Talk: Moral Injury
- Oct. 2: Luther Then, Bonhoeffer Now – Dr. Larry Rasmussen
- Oct. 5: NT-NL’s Definitely-Abled Sunday
- Oct. 10-12: NT-NL Synodical Women’s Organization Convention (Abilene, TX)
- Oct. 11: MEF’s Seeds that Change Dinner
- Oct. 16-17: Peer Ministry Adult Facilitator Training
- Oct. 27-29: Bishop’s Convocation: Turning Preaching Inside Out
- Nov. 9: Lutheran Campus Ministries Trivia Night
- Nov. 14-16: Junior High Youth Gathering
- Jan 16-18: High School Extravaganza
- Jan. 26-28, 2015: Tri-Synodical Theological Conference
- Feb. 20-22: Peer Ministry (for youth in grades 9-12)
- Apr. 21-May 8, 2015: In Search of Paul: An Aegean Odyssey A LEAD pilgrimage for rostered leaders and church professionals
- Apr. 24-26, 2015: NT-NL Mission Assembly
- May 24-29, 2015: LSPS’s Spanish Language and Hispanic Ministry Intensive