Lutheran Campus Ministry
Watch this short video to learn how Lutheran Campus Ministry is making a difference across our country with college students, connecting, reinforcing and growing lives of faith. Please refer those you know in college to our campus ministries using this online form.
Fruitful Leadership Ensemble Workshop
Come and explore techniques for nurturing and leading your church ensembles towards more fruitful music making. Hosted by the Association of Lutheran Church Musicians (ALCM).
THIS Saturday, August 24
9:00am – 3:00pm
San Antonio, TX
ALOA Free Webinars
ALOA has much to offer Lutheran congregations in the area of Older Adult Ministry. In addition to the resources on our website, ALOA offers regular Webinars on key topics for Older Adult Ministry that are practical and free of charge.
ALOA 101 – An Introduction to ALOA Resources
Thursday, August 22
ALOA Executive Director Mark Schoepp will introduce participants to ALOA’s mission and strategy as well as walk through the “Blueprint for Ministry.” He will also review resources available to the local congregation through ALOA for strengthening ministry with and for older adults – both in the congregation and in the local community.
ALOA – Seniors in Transition
Thursday, August 29
An interview with Chrislyn Carson about “Seniors in Transition” – a resource to help older adults make pro-active decisions about one of the hardest decisions older adults face: where they will live in the later years of life. The discussion will go over a template to help congregations develop an interactive, eight week class for older adults from the church and community. The series of classes will explore options for staying at home and options for moving to a care facility of some kind.
Both webinars are free of charge, 60 minutes max.
Register in advance at https://aloaserves.org/events/webinars/. Once you register, you’ll receive a confirmation email with information on how to access the webinar.
Featured Resource for August
From Bishop Gronberg:
The reality is that it is not always easy to get published materials into the hands of those who are incarcerated….
This is a much-needed prayer resource authored by a number of writers with diverse connections to the criminal justice system including writers who are currently incarcerated, formerly incarcerated, or working in prison ministry or re-entry. In NT-NL, the Church of the Damascus Road is our Synodically Authorized Worshipping Community in two of our state jails. However, it is likely our congregations and pastors have needs to connect with and provide resources for those in prison. This resource is a wonderful tool for helping those in our criminal justice system stay connected to their faith and community. I recommend it to you all.
Read more in Bishop Gronberg’s recent blog: Prayer book for Prison Ministry.
Save the Date
Please register by August 30.
Recent Blog Post
(https://www.ntnl.org/2019-churchwide-assembly-full-report/ – published Aug. 15)
Where in the world is?
- Aug. 25: Abiding Grace, Southlake
- Aug. 19: Interim Pastors at Briarwood
- Aug. 25: St. Peter, Malone
- Aug. 15-23: Behavioral Interview training, DEM’s gathering, and Congregational Vitality training, Baltimore MD
- Aug. 24: Fruitful Leadership Ensemble Workshop, San Antonio, TX
- Aug. 31: ELCA Generosity Project workshop, Keller, TX
- Sep. 7: Discovering Hope: Building Vitality in Your Congregation, Abilene, TX
- Sep. 8: “God’s work. Our hands.” Sunday
- Sep. 9: Boundary Training: Healthy Relationships in Ministry, Fort Worth, TX
- Sep. 9: The Church of the Damascus Road Golf Outing, Fort Worth, TX
- Sep. 13: Briarwood Golf Outing, Flower Mound, TX
- Sep. 14: PLMA, Fall 2019, Course 1, Argyle, TX
- Sep. 14: Public Witness Team monthly meeting, Arlington, TX
- Sep. 19-21: Synod Council Retreat, Argyle, TX
- Sep. 20-21: The Art of Resilience: Latinx Public Witness for Troubled Times, Dallas, TX
- Sep. 20-22: Middle School Retreat, Argyle, TX
- Sep. 20-22: 2019 Addiction and Faith Conference, Bloomington, MN
- Sep. 27: 2019 Symposium: Suicide Prevention in Faith Communities, Dallas, TX
- Sep. 28: Panhandle Conference: Mental Health and Faith, Lubbock, TX
Access our full online Calendar here. Updates made regularly.
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit to Jason (email@example.com) for consideration for upcoming NT-NL News.