Christmas Message from ELCA Presiding Bishop Elizabeth Eaton
Living Lutheran reader call
For an upcoming article in Living Lutheran, we want to know: What draws you into God daily? Where do you see glimmers of God’s presence in ordinary moments? By Jan. 7, send your 300-word reflection to email@example.com, subject line: God.
An investment in who we are
The Rev. Charles Newman reflects on how the ELCA Fund for Leaders enables pastors and deacons to serve our church in new and exciting ways.
Featured Resources for December
The holidays can be a tough time for many, especially those grieving.
What Faith Communities Can Do to Prevent Suicide
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
We can all help prevent suicide. The Lifeline provides 24/7, free, and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.
Our mission is inclusive and interfaith. Our goal is zero suicides for all peoples, no matter their beliefs.
Save the Date
Theme: “Our Church—Faith in Action”
Bishop Erik Gronberg will be the keynote speaker.
Recent Blog Posts
(https://www.ntnl.org/gaudete-sunday-st-john-bartlett-and-other-fiestas/ – published Dec. 17)
(https://www.ntnl.org/faithful-innovation-project-minneapolis-in-winter/ – published Dec. 19)
(https://www.ntnl.org/into-the-future/ – published Dec. 21)
(https://www.ntnl.org/congregational-care/ – published Dec. 21)
(https://www.ntnl.org/shreveport-la/ – published Dec. 21)
Where in the world is?
- Dec 29 – Jan 2: Visiting Family
- Dec. 30: Bethany, Dallas
- Dec. 24 – Jan. 4: Holy Days and Vacation
- Jan. 4-6: Women, Word, and Wine Retreat 2019, Briarwood
- Jan. 12: Una introducción a El Proyecto de la Generosidad, Alvarado, TX
- Jan. 12: Public Witness Team monthly meeting, Arlington, TX
- Jan. 13: ConFESt: Confirmands’ Afternoon with the Bishop, Dallas, TX
- Jan. 17: Boundaries Training, Briarwood
- Jan. 26: Seminario sobre la homosexualidad y sus diferentes facetas, Farmers Branch, TX
- Jan. 26-27: Men’s Lumberjack Retreat, Briarwood
- Jan. 28-30: Tri-Theological Conference, Galveston, TX
- Jan. 31 – Feb. 3: IGNITE: North Texas 2019 (ALDE), Grapevine, TX
- Feb. 8-9: Synod Council meeting, Briarwood
- Feb. 9: MEF Board meeting, Briarwood
- Feb. 9: Public Witness Team monthly meeting, Arlington, TX
- Feb. 16-17: Junior High Gathering & Group Dynamix, Carrollton, TX
- Feb. 23: Senior Fest 2019 (ALOA), Plano, TX
Access our full online Calendar here. Updates made regularly.
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit to the Synod office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration for upcoming NT-NL News.