Saturday, March 21, 5:30pm
Briarwood Leadership Center, 670 Copper Canyon Rd, Argyle, TX
Please join supporters of Briarwood for our annual fundraising gala. This event supports our NT-NL leadership, retreat, and camp ministry at Briarwood. In addition, we will honor those who support this powerful outreach and extension of our calling in the world, including Thrivent, Dianne Eggemeyer (Trinity Evangelical, Miles), and Chip Sakakeeny (Abiding Grace, Southlake). We’re excited to be bringing this event back on site this year at Briarwood to showcase this beautiful resource of our synod and be good stewards of the dollars donated. Tickets are $100 / person, and sponsorships start at just $500! https://one.bidpal.net/briarwoodgala/welcome
Seeking Host Families
Are you, or someone you know, willing and able to be a host family for the Luther College Symphony Orchestra students next month?
Here are dates (and locations) the LCSO will be performing in the DFW area:
Sunday, March 22, 7:00pm concert
Trietsch Memorial United Methodist Church, 6101 Morriss Rd, Flower Mound 75028
Wednesday, March 25, 7:00pm concert
McKinney High School, 1400 Wilson Creek Parkway, McKinney 75069
We are seeking host families, in at least groups of 2 students, for a total of 69 students.
For both locations, the drop-off time the next morning will likely be around 9am, but arrangements can be made for students to be dropped off earlier if people need to get to work. (The finalized schedule is still in the development phase.)
Please contact Susan Potvin, Associate Director of Music Marketing & Tours: firstname.lastname@example.org | office: 563-387-1267 | cell: 612-209-1460
Engaging the Border: Theology and Practice
This Saturday, February 22, 10am-12noon
A Morning of Education and Theological Reflection with Dr. Javier Alanis on the Situation at Our Southern Border and How We Can Make A Difference
Sponsored by the NT-NL Public Witness Team
Dr. Alanis is the Director of the Lutheran Seminary Program in the Southwest (LSPS) in Austin, Tx. His academic interests include peace and justice concerns as they relate to the role of the church in society, and in particular along the U.S.-Mexican border.
If planning to attend, an RSVP would be appreciated. Please respond to Rev. Wayne Menking: email@example.com.
Bold Women’s Day—observed annually on the fourth Sunday of February—celebrates all Lutheran women who have acted or are acting boldly on their faith in Jesus Christ. Some women are bold in their unceasing prayers. Other women are bold in their service to those in need. Still other women are bold in their advocacy or through their hospitality. Whether we live out our bold story of faith in the workplace, family home or community, our faith compels us to make a difference in the lives of others. It’s all about living out our baptismal call, about being a disciple of Christ.
International Women’s Day, observed on March 8, 2020, is powered by the collective efforts of all. Collective action and shared ownership for driving gender parity is what makes International Women’s Day successful. Gloria Steinem, world-renowned feminist, journalist, and activist, once explained “The story of women’s struggle for equality belongs to no single feminist nor to any one organization but to the collective efforts of all who care about human rights.” So make International Women’s Day your day and do what you can to truly make a positive difference for women.
An equal world is an enabled world. How will you help forge a gender equal world?
Celebrate women’s achievement. Raise awareness against bias. Take action for equality.
Save the Date
Wednesday, March 4, 1-5pm
Tithe.ly, official ELCA partner, will be hosting their first ever FREE workshop called The Generosity Workshop (full details at this link) in Arlington, TX. During this half-day workshop, they will be sharing practical lessons they’ve learned while helping over 13,000 churches and ministries grow their giving.
Sign up soon! Only 37 tickets remaining, as of February 16.
Location: Lakeview Event Center, 1200 Viridian Park Lane, Building A, Arlington, TX 76005
Where in the world is?
- Feb. 3-17: Briarwood Leadership Journey to Turkey/Greece: Paul and Beyond, Early Church Leadership
- Feb. 18: Lutheran Legislative Event (Texas Interfaith Advocacy Days), Austin
- Feb. 21-22: Leadership for Faithful Innovation Cohort Meetings, Briarwood
- Feb. 23: Bonhoeffer Society Lecture at Incarnation Episcopal, Dallas
- Feb. 20: Lutheran Campus Ministry, UNT, Denton
- Feb. 21-22: Leadership for Faithful Innovation, Briarwood
- Feb. 23: Resurrection, Plano
- Feb. 14-21: ELCA Congregational Vitality Training, San Diego, CA
- Feb. 22: Panhandle Conference “Discovering Hope” Workshop, Lubbock
- Feb. 16-18: Texas Interfaith Advocacy Days, Austin, TX
- Feb. 22: ESET (SSTE) Módulo 6 (Día 4 de 5), Argyle, TX
- Feb. 22: Discovering Hope: Building Vitality in Your Congregation, Lubbock, TX
- Feb. 22: Engaging the Border: Theology and Practice, Arlington, TX
- Feb. 28-Mar. 1: NT-NL Peer Ministry Leadership Training, TBA
- Feb. 29: ESET (SSTE) Módulo 6 (Día 5 de 5), Argyle, TX
- Mar. 4: Generosity Workshop, Arlington, TX
- Mar. 14: Public Witness Team meeting, Arlington, TX
- Mar. 14: PLMA, Spring 2020, Course 1, Argyle, TX
- Mar. 21: Briarwood 2020 Gala: Adventure Awaits, Argyle, TX
- Mar. 22: ConFest 2020: Confirmands’ Afternoon with the Bishop, Dallas, TX
- Apr. 4: ESET (SSTE) Módulo 7 (Día 1 de 5), Argyle, TX
- Apr. 11: ESET (SSTE) Módulo 7 (Día 2 de 5), Argyle, TX
- Apr. 11: Public Witness Team meeting, Arlington, TX
- Apr. 18: PLMA, Spring 2020, Course 2, Argyle, TX
- Apr. 19-24: Ministerial Flourishing: Exploring the Meaning, Means and Practices, Navasota, TX
- Apr. 24-25: 2020 Synod Assembly, Dallas, TX
Access our full online Calendar here. Updates made regularly.
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit to Jason (firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration for upcoming NT-NL News.