Free Webinar This Thursday
Designed To Help You Improve Your Online Presence, Increase Giving, Grow Your Congregation, and Boost Member Engagement
Thursday, March 12, 3pm
Has your congregation ever struggled to keep up with Church technology?
Join our upcoming webinar to learn how to build a beautiful website designed to attract new members to your congregation, and better engage your current ones, in just under an hour! Yes, it can be done.
Hosted by NT-NL Synod Communicator Jason O’Neill and Andrew Dalamba from ELCA preferred partner Tithe.ly, in this webinar you’ll learn how to:
– Launch a beautiful, professional website in hours (not months), without needing to be a tech expert or have any coding experience
– How other ELCA congregations are increasing their giving by 15% and more
– How to more effectively engage your congregation throughout each week
– Free up more time for admins
– Solve technological pain points within your congregation
Register now to save your spot. See you there!
Assembly Early Bird Registration Deadline
The 2020 Synod Assembly Early Bird Registration Rates are valid through Sunday, March 15.
Assembly offering: half to the Eastern conference for hosting us, and half to the new Stewardship team
Tentative Summary Agenda (updated March 7)
Official Assembly Hotel: Lorenzo Hotel, 1011 S Akard St, Dallas, TX 75215 | 214-273-3000
Register with the hotel here. (special Assembly rate valid through March 31)
Assembly Registration Fees and Deadlines:
Voting Member Early Bird (until March 15) = $150
Voting Member Regular (March 16 – April 12) = $185
Voting Member On-Site = $225
Retired Rostered Voting Member Early Bird (until March 15) = $125
Retired Rostered Voting Member Regular (March 16 – April 12) = $150
Retired Rostered Voting Member On-Site = $165
Visitors Early Bird (until March 15) = $50
Visitors Regular (March 16 – April 12) = $75
Visitors On-Site = $100
Vendors = $150
Displayers = $75
Hard Copy of Assembly Reference Materials (previously called the Book of Reports) = $25
Meals provided with registration = 3 (three)
We Have Rights (in Seven Languages)
Brooklyn Defender Services (BDS) and the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) launched “We Have Rights,” a national immigrant empowerment campaign to inform immigrant communities of what to do when interacting with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
The campaign centers around four animated videos available in seven languages: English, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Russian, Haitian Creole and Urdu. Created as a direct response to expressed community needs, the videos are based on true stories and provide practical tips for how to safely defend the legal and human rights of immigrants during four common encounters with ICE: when ICE is at the door, when ICE is inside homes, when ICE stops people in the street, and when ICE arrests immigrants.
“The We Have Rights campaign aims to empower immigrants to protect themselves during ICE interactions,” said Natalie Montelongo, ACLU campaign strategist. “ICE has a disturbing history of crossing the line and we want immigrants to know that they are protected under the Constitution.”
Featured Resources for March | Recursos destacados para marzo
A new landing page for Spanish-language resources is available. Download social statements, communication tools, ELCA brandmarks, bishop messages, and more.
Se encuentra disponible una nueva página de destino para recursos en español. Descargue declaraciones sociales, herramientas de comunicación, marcas registradas de la ELCA, mensajes de obispos y más.
Recent Blog Posts
(https://www.ntnl.org/covid-19-preparing-educating-and-responding-in-faith/ – published Mar. 6)
(https://www.ntnl.org/our-saviours-durant/ – published Mar. 7)
(https://www.ntnl.org/covid-19-update-from-briarwood/ – published Mar. 5)
Where in the world is?
- Mar. 5-9: Conference of Bishops and joint meeting with ELCA Church Council
- Mar. 15: Good Shepherd, Marshall
- Mar. 9: Meeting with SAWL Nicholaus Chove, Umoja, Fort Worth
- Mar. 10: Meeting with NTNL AMMPARO Coordinator, Angela Alarcon, Fort Worth
- Mar. 14-20: Spring Break Vacation
- Mar. 12: FREE Webinar: Digital Church Tools For 2020 And Beyond, Zoom
- Mar. 12-15: Via de Cristo, Argyle, TX
- Mar. 14: Public Witness Team meeting, Arlington, TX
- Mar. 14: PLMA, Spring 2020, Course 1, Argyle, TX
- Mar. 21: Briarwood 2020 Gala: Adventure Awaits, Argyle, TX
- Mar. 22: ConFest 2020: Confirmands’ Afternoon with the Bishop, Dallas, TX
- Mar. 28: WELCA Dallas Area Metro North conference meeting, Plano, TX
- Apr. 4: ESET (SSTE) Módulo 7 (Día 1 de 5), Argyle, TX
- Apr. 4: Heart of Texas conference WELCA spring gathering, Waco, TX
- Apr. 11: ESET (SSTE) Módulo 7 (Día 2 de 5), Argyle, TX
- Apr. 11: Public Witness Team meeting, Arlington, TX
- Apr. 18: PLMA, Spring 2020, Course 2, Argyle, TX
- Apr. 19: Lutheran Campus Ministry Golf Outing, Frisco, TX
- Apr. 19-24: Ministerial Flourishing: Exploring the Meaning, Means and Practices, Navasota, TX
- Apr. 24-25: 2020 Synod Assembly, Dallas, TX
Access our full online Calendar here. Updates made regularly.
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit to Jason (email@example.com) for consideration for upcoming NT-NL News.