The Bold Gathering
Saturday, November 9
Zion Lutheran Church, San Antonio, TX
The Bold Gathering is a day for men to come together to learn, to network, and be equipped to BOLDY live out their faith!
You may join in person or online.
Perkins Convocation with Rick Steve
Rick Steves will be a keynote speaker during the Perkins Fall Convocation, November 11-12. Steves, along with being a travel writer and host, is an active ELCA lay person. He will be giving three presentations, participating in a panel with the other two keynote speakers — Samira Izadi Page and Celestin Musekura — and closing out the conference with an extemporaneous session, Rick Steves Unscripted.
Here’s the link for information and to register: https://www.smu.edu/Perkins/PublicPrograms/Perkins-Fall-Convocation/FallConvo2019_Mission.
As an incentive for your full conference registration, you will receive a free DVD by Steves on Luther and the Reformation…as long as supplies last. Just send your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org once you have completed the full conference registration. There is also a $25 discount for each person from the same church who registers at the same time.
For those who are not able to register for the full conference, there’s a Monday night only option for $15 per ticket to hear Steves present on the topic, “Travel as a Spiritual Act.”
Free ALOA Webinars
ALOA (Adult Lutherans Organized for Action) has much to offer Lutheran congregations in the area of Older Adult Ministry. In addition to the resources on their website, ALOA offers regular Webinars on key topics for Older Adult Ministry that are practical and free of charge. Find complete information and register at aloaserves.org/events/webinars/.
ALOA 101 – An Introduction to ALOA Resources
Thursday, November 7, 2019, Noon Eastern Time
ALOA Executive Director Mark Schoepp explores the resources available to congregations who want to build their ministry efforts with and for older adults.
ALOA – Quality of Care
Thursday, November 21, 2019, Noon Eastern Time
An interview with Alice Hedt will help participants assess quality of care for loved one entering a senior living facility.
ALOA’s webinars are free of charge, 60 minutes max. Register in advance at aloaserves.org/events/webinars/. Once you register, you’ll receive a confirmation email with information on how to access the webinar.
Featured Resources for November
Growing in God’s Grace Generation to Generation
The Generosity Project is an intergenerational, household-focused approach to stewardship. Its goals are to connect generations, create centers for the faith practice of generosity, and grow in God’s grace generation to generation.
The Generosity Project is a new stewardship resource for ELCA congregations that uses innovative approaches to promote generosity across generations and in households. The goal of the program is not to increase giving by a certain percentage but to change the culture of how a congregation views and understands generosity and stewardship.
Some of The Generosity Project resources may be downloaded for free. The six-session 5G Curriculum with planning guide and take-home resource is available for just $39. Learn more about The Generosity Project.
Save the Date
Recent Blog Posts
(https://www.ntnl.org/tlu-president-lead-and-milesandmiles/ – published Oct. 26)
(https://www.ntnl.org/reformation-sunday-2019/ – published Oct. 28)
(https://www.ntnl.org/bosque-county-reformation-worship/ – published Oct. 28)
Where in the world is?
- Nov. 9: Lutheran Men in Mission Bold Gathering, San Antonio (Lead Presenter)
- Nov. 10: NT-NL Lutheran Campus Ministry Trivia Challenge and Fundraiser, Briarwood
- Nov. 5: Zion Call Committee and Council orientation, McGregor
- Nov. 7: Interim Pastors meeting, Briarwood & Zoom
- Nov. 10: St. Matthew’s Consecration Service, Fort Worth (morning) and Lutheran Campus Ministry Trivia Challenge, Briarwood (evening)
- Nov. 4: Meeting with Pastor Ruben Duran and Latinx Leaders
- Nov. 5: Meeting with Frank Salvador in Irving
- Nov. 7: Good Shepherd, Marshall, and Ministry Review of Exploration Ministry, Nuestro Redentor, Grand Prairie
- Nov. 9: Leadership Retreat with Immanuel, Killeen
- Nov. 10: Rejoice, Frisco
- Nov. 7-10: Via de Cristo weekend, Argyle, TX
- Nov. 8-10: “Lutheran Young Adults” / “Lutheran Single Adults” Reunion Retreat, La Grange, TX
- Nov. 9: SSTE | ESET Session, Argyle, TX
- Nov. 9: Public Witness Team meeting, Arlington, TX
- Nov. 9: Thrivent’s Cooking for Christ fundraiser, Frisco, TX
- Nov. 10: Lutheran Campus Ministry Trivia Challenge, Argyle, TX
- Nov. 11-12: SMU | Perkins School of Theology Fall Convocation (with Rick Steves), Dallas, TX
- Nov. 15-17: NT-NL Junior High Gathering, Carrollton, TX
- Nov. 16: PLMA, Fall 2019, Course 3, Argyle, TX
- Nov. 16: MEF Board meeting (with catered lunch), Dallas ,TX
- Nov. 16: Better Conversations, Fort Worth, TX
- Nov. 18-22: Mediation Skills Training Institute for Church Leaders, Arlington, TX
- Dec. 6-8: Upper Elementary Winter Retreat, Argyle, TX
- Dec. 14: Public Witness Team meeting, Arlington, TX
Access our full online Calendar here. Updates made regularly.
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit to Jason (email@example.com) for consideration for upcoming NT-NL News.