Veterans Day Message
In observance of Veterans Day, ELCA Presiding Bishop Elizabeth Eaton invites congregations to hold a Sunday of prayer and action. Congregations are encouraged to invite veterans to share their stories, learn about the issues they face, and let them know that the church is grateful for their service.
Becoming Aware of Our Abundance
Bishops have a unique perspective on congregational health. Few of us who serve in congregational settings have the opportunity to observe so many congregations at the same time. I asked Bishop Erik Gronberg to reflect on what he’s learned about stewardship health, given his lens as bishop in Northern Texas-Northern Louisiana. Thanks to him for bringing us back to the very basics! – Peace, Catherine Malotky, Center for Stewardship Leaders
We are to be bold | Debemos ser audaces
In her September/October column for Living Lutheran, ELCA Presiding Bishop Elizabeth Eaton reflects on the 2019 Churchwide Assembly, saying the actions taken were based on “our scriptural and confessional understanding of who God chooses us to be.” In Milwaukee, she says, “we stepped out in faith.” Read her column in English: We are to be bold o lee su columna en español: Debemos ser audaces.
Featured Resources for November
Growing in God’s Grace Generation to Generation
The Generosity Project is an intergenerational, household-focused approach to stewardship. Its goals are to connect generations, create centers for the faith practice of generosity, and grow in God’s grace generation to generation.
The Generosity Project is a new stewardship resource for ELCA congregations that uses innovative approaches to promote generosity across generations and in households. The goal of the program is not to increase giving by a certain percentage but to change the culture of how a congregation views and understands generosity and stewardship.
Some of The Generosity Project resources may be downloaded for free. The six-session 5G Curriculum with planning guide and take-home resource is available for just $39. Learn more about The Generosity Project.
Save the Date
January 17-19, 2020
Recent Blog Posts
(https://www.ntnl.org/partnered-synods-meet-at-briarwood/ – published Oct. 30)
(https://www.ntnl.org/milesandmiles-weekend-and-ordination/ – published Nov. 4)
(https://www.ntnl.org/gratitude-for-briarwood/ – published Nov. 8)
(https://www.ntnl.org/ordination-of-the-rev-austin-nickel/ – published Nov. 4)
Where in the world is?
- (No visits planned)
- Nov. 11-14: Interim Ministry Network Conference, Baltimore, MD
- Nov. 17: St. Stephen, Shreveport (morning) and Installation service for Ben Dueholm at Christ, Dallas (afternoon)
- Nov. 14-16: Leading Spanish Coaching training, Chicago, IL
- Nov. 11-12: SMU | Perkins School of Theology Fall Convocation (with Rick Steves), Dallas, TX
- Nov. 15-17: NT-NL Junior High Gathering, Carrollton, TX
- Nov. 16: PLMA, Fall 2019, Course 3, Argyle, TX
- Nov. 16: MEF Board meeting (with catered lunch), Dallas ,TX
- Nov. 16: Better Conversations, Fort Worth, TX
- Nov. 18-22: Mediation Skills Training Institute for Church Leaders, Arlington, TX
- Dec. 14: Public Witness Team meeting, Arlington, TX
- Jan. 11: Public Witness Team meeting, Arlington, TX
- Jan. 17-19: NT-NL High School Gathering, TBA
- Jan. 31-Feb. 1: Synod Council meeting, Argyle, TX
Access our full online Calendar here. Updates made regularly.
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit to Jason (firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration for upcoming NT-NL News.