MEF “Seeds That Change” Dinner
“Seeds That Change”
The Executive Director and Board of the Mission Endowment Fund
would be honored by your presence at the
Annual Dinner and Fund Raiser with Silent Auction/Entertainment
Saturday, October 20, 2018, 4:00-7:00 p.m.
Ticket Donation: $40.00 | Table of 8 Discounted at $300.00
Calvary Lutheran Church, 7020 Baker Blvd. Richland Hills, TX 76118
“Semillas Que Cambian”
la Directora Ejecutiva y el Consejo de Mission Endowment Fund
se Honra en invitarle a la
Cena Anual para Recaudacion de Fondos con Subantas Silenciosa y en Vivo/con Entretenimiento
Sabado 20 de Octobre de 2018, 4:00-7:00 p.m.
Donacion: $40.00 | Mesa para 8 con Descuento: $300.00
Calvary Lutheran Church, 7020 Baker Blvd., Richland Hills, TX 76118
LSTC Seminary Sampler
Are you considering a call to public ministry?
Perhaps someone is urging you to consider a call to public ministry.
Perhaps you are simply wondering how you might continue to serve this world in need.
If you find yourself wondering any of the above or beyond, you are invited to consider coming to one of LSTC’s Seminary Samplers this Fall and find your place.
Register online for either their multi-day Seminary Sampler, Saturday through Monday, October 20 – 22,
or for their Seminary Sampler Night on Wednesday, November 14th.
Whether it’s for an evening or several days, you will get a taste for life as a seminary student and as a member of the LSTC community.
Housing and meals are provided!
Travel stipends and childcare are available.
Visit lstc.edu/admissions/visit to register.
Fear not / No temas
For ELCA Presiding Bishop Elizabeth Eaton, Isaiah 43:1-7 is one of the most hopeful and lovely passages in all of Scripture. Find out why in her September column for Living Lutheran, where she says it is possible for us to fear and fear not. Read her column in English, or read her column in Spanish.
Featured Resources for October
For more than a decade, the Center for Stewardship Leaders at Luther Seminary has published a weekly e-newsletter. Recently, the center went through its database of hundreds of reflections and selected 17 top posts that lay the groundwork for innovative stewardship ministry. These articles have been assembled into a PDF titled “Stewardship 101: An Invitation to Financial Stewardship.”
Currents in Theology and Mission is an online theological journal of the Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago and Wartburg Theological Seminary. This issue is all about stewardship and what stewardship looks like through fresh lenses.
For periodic ideas and inspiration on stewardship delivered to your inbox, check out Voices on Stewardship from Vanco Financial Services and Stewardship from Luther Seminary’s Center for Stewardship Leaders.
Save the Date
John Tietjen Speaker Series: “Real Men: Masculinities in the Gospel of Matthew”
Rev. Dr. Kendra A. Mohn
Thursday, November 8th, 6:30 pm
Trinity Lutheran Church Fellowship Hall, 3621 Tulsa Way, Fort Worth, TX 76107
On Thursday, November 8th, at 6:30 pm, Trinity Lutheran in Fort Worth will hold the 2018 event in their John Tietjen Speaker Series. Rev. Dr. Kendra Mohn will present her dissertation work on masculinity and Roman empire in the Gospel of Matthew. Dr. Mohn, who serves as one of the pastors at Trinity, finished her PhD in May at Brite Divinity School. Questions and discussion will follow her presentation. Light refreshments will be served. All are welcome!
Recent Blog Posts
(https://www.ntnl.org/mount-olive-70-years-of-dallas-history/ – published Sep. 30)
(https://www.ntnl.org/first-call-accompaniment/ – published Sep. 30)
(https://www.ntnl.org/panhandle-conference/ – published Sep. 30)
(https://www.ntnl.org/transforming-the-face-of-generosity-romans-122/ – published Sep. 25)
Where in the world is?
- Oct. 4: Dinner Honoring the Rev. Dr. Mitri Raheb (Preston Hollow Presbyterian)
- Oct. 6: Funeral of Doug Perrin, NT-NL Synod Volunteer and Supporter (Trinity, Fort Worth)
- Oct. 7: Trinity, Lockney
- Oct. 7: Salem, Rosebud
- Oct. 2: Christ the Servant, Denton
- Oct. 3-5: ELCA Latino Strategy Team, Puerto Rico
- Oct. 6: Installation of Bishop Idalia Negron for the Caribbean Synod
- Oct. 2: Mosaic Partners in Possibilities fundraiser lunch, San Angelo, TX
- Oct. 4: OLOGY The Symposium: A Dialogue Between Psychology and Theology, Richardson, TX
- Oct. 5: Ecumenical Breakfast with Rev. Raheb, Richardson, TX
- Oct. 6: Fall Festival & Thrivent Cook-Off, Briarwood
- Oct. 11: The Jerusalem Conference, Houston, TX
- Oct. 12: Teaching Fish to Walk: Church Systems and Adaptive Challenges, Dallas, TX
- Oct. 14: The Eighth Annual Herbener Lecture: “Is It Time for Another ‘Sola’? A Latino Immigrant Reading of Luther’s Heidelberg Disputation and Lectures on Genesis As a Lens for Dealing With Migrants Today”, Dallas, TX
- Oct. 14-16: NT-NL Leadership Convocation: Adaptive Leadership in Anxious Times, Briarwood
- Oct. 15: An Interdisciplinary Dialogue: The ABC’s of Theology and Criminal Justice Reform and How They Impact the Lives of School Children of Color, Dallas, TX
- Oct. 19: Briarwood Golf Outing/Fundraiser, Flower Mound, TX
- Oct. 20: PLMA Fall 2018, Course 2, Briarwood
- Oct. 20: MEF “Seeds That Change” Dinner/Fundraiser, Richland Hills, TX
- Oct. 22: Perkins Center for Preaching Excellence Presents The Second Annual ArkLaTex Lecture, Dallas, TX
- Oct. 25: Mosaic Partners in Possibilities Luncheon, Addison, TX
- Oct. 26-27: Building an Inclusive Church training, Richardson, TX
- Oct. 26-27: NT-NL Synodical Women’s Organization 2018 Convention, Frisco, TX
- Oct. 26-28: Lutheran Men in Mission “One Year to Live” Retreat, Kerville, TX
- Oct. 27: Community-Wide Texas Advocacy Training, Dallas, TX
- Oct. 27: Calvary Organ Dedication, Richland Hills, TX
Access our full online Calendar here. Updates made regularly.
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit to the Synod office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration for upcoming NT-NL News.