Thanksgiving and Service
Adviento, Arlington, provided a Thanksgiving breakfast to the day laborers who gather across the street from the church each morning waiting for work. #InMissionTogether
If you have examples of service to your community you would like to share with the synod, please email us the details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
World AIDS Day (December 1)
On December 1, everyone throughout the ELCA is invited to join with our global community as we commemorate World AIDS Day. Every year, this day is set aside as an international time of remembrance, awareness, and commitment to action. We remember our calling, as set forward in the ELCA Strategy on HIV and AIDS, to a strong and faithful response.
Resources are available for congregations planning to commemorate the day through worship. Additionally, you can find other materials about the ELCA’s Strategy on HIV and AIDS at ELCA.org/hiv. You can also stay connected with the strategy and share your plans for World AIDS Day 2017 through social media at facebook.com/ELCAHIVandAIDS.
Living in a Broken World
We hear about natural disasters and shootings, and we try to make sense out of the incomprehensible. In her November column for Living Lutheran, Presiding Bishop Elizabeth Eaton says the joy found in Jesus allows us to live in hope and believe in life amid despair and death. Read her column in English at http://bit.ly/2inJWaA or in Spanish at http://bit.ly/2h7w1ZA.
Featured Resource for November
The ELCA has updated the Where Does My Offering Go? graphic.
Save the Date
January 27-28, 2018
Briarwood Retreat Center
Recent Blog Post
(https://www.ntnl.org/sunday-funday/ – published Nov. 20)
Where in the world is?
- Dec. 3 – Holy Trinity and Santa Maria in Exile, Irving
- Nov. 21-27 – Vacation
- Dec. 2-3 – Good Shepherd, The Colony
- Nov. 28 – Meetings at St. Luke’s, Richardson
- Dec. 1 – Meeting in North Dallas
- Dec. 3 – Preaching at Hope, Comanche
- Nov. 29: ALICE Training, San Angelo (register by Nov. 27)
- Dec. 1-3: Winter Retreat for 4th, 5th, & 6th graders
- Dec. 3: Briarwood Holiday Brunch
- Dec. 9: High School Service Day, DFW and Lubbock areas
- Dec. 9: Public Witness Team monthly meeting
- Through Dec. 15: Bridwell Library Exhibition: Martin Luther in the Age of Print (Perkins | SMU)
- Dec. 27-28: NT-NL Christmas Break Young Adult Retreat
- Jan. 14: Mikah Meyer’s Stories & Songs Recital
- Jan. 19-21: Junior High Gathering
- Feb. 1-3: Worship at the Center: Journey from Ash Wednesday to Easter (ELCA)
- Feb. 2-3: Synod Council Meeting
- Feb. 10: MEF Board meeting
- Feb. 11-13: Lutheran Legislative Event
- Feb. 24: Senior Fest 2018 (AOLA)
- Feb. 25-27: LSTC Seminary Sampler
Access our full online Calendar here. Updates made regularly.
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit to the Synod office (email@example.com) for consideration for our next NT-NL News.