Please note the mission office will close for Christmas on Wednesday, Dec. 23. We will be back in the office on Monday, Jan. 4, 2016.
If you need immediate assistance during that time, please contact Tyna Oslie at email@example.com or 214-850-9349 (cell).
2016 NT-NL Prayer Partners
Download a PDF of the 2016 NT-NL Prayer Partners here. You can also find each month’s congregations at ntnl.org/2016prayerpartners.
Thursday, Jan. 14, 2016
Christ Evangelical Lutheran Mission Center at Briarwood
The Rev. Kendra Mohn (Trinity, Fort Worth) will lead another preaching planning workshop, this time focusing on Lent and Easter. You may attend in person ($75) or online ($50).
Please visit ntnl.org/preachingwebinar for information.
Congregational Council Retreat & Financial Workshop
February 26-27, 2016
Briarwood Retreat Center
Changes to Financial Procedures
We are moving to a new system of accounting, with the ELCA Mission Investment Fund handling all of our check writing, recording of Mission Support, and financial reporting. Read more about the change at ntnl.org/newfinancialprocedures, including a workshop opportunity offered during the Congregational Council retreat.
Religious organizations wishing to regulate firearms in their buildings are now required to post new signs at all public entrances to their buildings. Texas Impact has secured a bulk discount rate for signs that meet the legal specifications of the new law. Read more at texasimpact.org/GunSignsInfo
Paraments to a Good Home
St. Paul Lutheran Church in Levelland has just gotten some new green paraments and they are looking for a place to donate the old ones. If you’re interested or know of a congregation or mission start who could use them, please contact Pr. Amanda Ullrich at firstname.lastname@example.org or 806-894-5407.
- A Light Unto Our Path: Exploring Marriage Equality in the Church, Jan. 16, 2016, Austin, TX
- 2016 Tri-Synodical Theological Conference, Jan. 25-27, 2016, Arlington TX
- Mediation Skills Training Institute for Church Leaders presented by the Lombard Mennonite Peace Center, March 7-11, 2016, Dallas TX| Online registration
- Lutheran Seminary Program in the Southwest Summer Intensives
- The Level 1 intensive, May 29-June 3, 2016, Austin TX
- The Level 2 intensive, Building Congregational Capacity for Hispanic Ministry, June 12-17, 2016, Austin TX
- Please visit BpElection.ntnl.org for updates, information, and resources from the NT-NL Bishop Election Committee.
- Save the Date! “God’s Work. Our Hands” Sunday will be September 11, 2016: elca.org/dayofservice
- Please update the contact info for the person (or people) who manage your congregation’s communications!
- Share your (or your congregation’s) blog with NT-NL! Add your info to the RSS feed
- Have you verified your contact info on our Pulpit Supply page?
Mission Area Communications Policy
If you have an event you would like the mission office to help publicize, please send me the information at email@example.com.
Events organized by an individual congregation will be publicized through social media. If you have a Facebook event created for the event, please forward the link to firstname.lastname@example.org or post the information on the NT-NL Mission Area Facebook page. If your congregation does not have a Facebook page or if you would like help with creating a page or event, please contact me so I can walk you through the process or set up the event for you on NT-NL’s page, if appropriate.
If you have questions (about this or anything else communications-related) please feel free to call (940-241-2099) or email me!
Looking for stuff in past Leader News emails? Find Leader News archives here!