NT-NL’s Sunday Hashtag Prompt
Want to know more? Check out Mosaic’s Summer 2014 newsletter!
The April Growing in Faith Together workshop with Peter Steinke and Ana Hernandez, organized by the Episcopal Diocese of Fort Worth, drew rave reviews from those who attended. They are looking forward to attending the June 20-21 workshop, which also will be held at Trinity Lutheran Church, 3621 Tulsa Way, Fort Worth, TX 76107.
For more information and to register, click here!
Please note that you do not need to have attended the April workshop to attend the June workshop.
The Name Gathering Project
Help Lutheran Campus Ministries collect names of new and returning college students for The Name Gathering Project. This is a nation-wide ELCA project—whether your young adults are staying close to home or heading to the opposite coast, please click here to submit their name and contact information, so local Lutheran Campus Ministries can invite them to “Come and See!”
For more information on NT-NL’s Lutheran Campus Ministries, please contact Pastor Celene Welch at email@example.com.
It’s a Christian rock festival in the middle of west Texas, Thursday Aug. 7-Saturday, Aug. 9. Wanna go? Need a place to say?
Christ’s, Hope, and Midland Lutheran Churches want to welcome you! Bring a sleeping bag, rock out with great music and chill out with great friends. For more information, contact Richard Lamb at 432-385-4022 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you on Pinterest? Did you know we have a Youth Ministry board and a VBS Activities & Crafts board? Follow them! (Check out our other boards, too…)
Fifth Annual Summer Institute on Theology and Disability
June 16 – 20, 2014
Highland Park United Methodist Church (HPUMC)
3300 Mockingbird Lane, Dallas, Texas
Caring Theologically and Thinking Pastorally: Disability as a Critical Question and Questioner
Learn more and register here.
17th Annual Dallas Benedictine Experience: June 25-28
The 17th annual multi-denominational Dallas Benedictine Experience will take place at The Catholic Conference and Formation Center in Dallas, Texas from Wednesday, June 25 through Saturday, June 28, 2014. This monastic experience is presented by Friends of St. Benedict, Washington, DC and is open to men and women, laity and clergy of all denominations.
Studying Luther in Wittenberg:
Invitation to the Eighth International Seminar within the Luther Decade
You are invited to send a pastor to the 10th seminar which will take place in Wittenberg from November 8th until November 22nd, 2014 and will be led by Prof. Dr. Theodor Dieter and Prof. Dr. Sarah Hinlicky Wilson from the Institute for Ecumenical Research in Strasbourg.
The topic of the seminar will be: “The Christian and the Government: Luther’s View of Temporal Authority”. The seminar takes place in the Colleg Wittenberg, a venue right in the center of Luther’s town.
About 150 pastors from the different member churches have already participated in the 9 previous seminars within the Luther decade in Wittenberg, but so far not all member churches have used this chance to send someone to such a seminar. Therefore, we especially invite those churches to the next seminar in November 2014!
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service will be commemorating Refugee Sunday and celebrating 75 years walking alongside migrants and refugees through ministries of mercy and justice.
Download LIRS’s resource kit today!
If you already have a kit and would like additional materials, including sermon notes from Rev. Dr. John Nunes and Rev. E. Roy Riley, bible studies, and our “Courageous Journeys” video, find additional resources here!
There is still time to register! The Disciple Project is a learning community where we stretch our imagination and increase our capacity as leaders.
This is time away from our busy lives to learn practices and skills for following Jesus in a changing time. People in 8th grade through adulthood are encouraged to be part of this special experience!
This event is offered by LEAD, a ministry of the Texas-Lousiana Gulf Coast Synod.
Upcoming Events in the NT-NL Mission Area and Beyond:
- Jun. 16-20: Fifth Summer Institute on Theology and Disability: Caring Theologically and Thinking Pastorally: Disability as a Critical Question and Questioner
- Jun. 20-21: Growing in Faith Together: Creating & Sustaining Healthy Congregations
- Jun. 22: Refugee Day
- Jun. 23-27: Disciple Project at Texas Lutheran University (Gulf Coast Synod)
- Jun. 25-28: 17th Annual Dallas Benedictine Experience
- Jun. 30-Jul 2: Association of Lutheran Church Musicians Region 2 Conference, “Many Voices, One Choir” in Charlotte, NC
- Jul. 18-20: Lutheran Men in Mission’s Triennial Gathering, “Guys, Guts, and God’s Glory”
- Jul. 24-27: Women of the ELCA’s Ninth Triennial Gathering, “Of Many Generations”
- Jul. 28-30: Association of Lutheran Church Musicians Region 3 Summer Conference
- Sep. 7: “God’s Work. Our Hands.” Sunday
- Sep. 12: Briarwood Golf Outing
- Sep. 23: NT-NL Table Talk: Moral Injury
- Oct. 10-12: NT-NL Synodical Women’s Organization Convention (Abilene, TX)
- Oct. 11: MEF’s Seeds that Change Dinner
- Oct. 27-29: Bishop’s Convocation
- Apr. 24-26, 2015: NT-NL Mission Assembly