This week we pray for:
Trinity in Wichita Falls (Jeremiah Heydt, SAWL)
Gloria Dei in Lubbock (Pr. Jeffrey Vayda)
NT-NL Hispanic/Latino Ministry
Download the ELCA Organizations and Events Guidebook app!
This year we will once again use an electronic guide app for the Assembly. To download the ELCA Organizations and Events app, click here. In the app, click on “Download your first guide” and either scroll until you see our guide or search for 2015 Assembly of the NT-NL Mission Area, ELCA.
If you already have the app, click on the arrow pointing down on the top right of the screen (to download a new guide), and search for 2015 Assembly of the NT-NL Mission Area, ELCA to find our guide.
View the assembly schedule, read about our keynote speakers, access the Book of Reports and more!
Prefer to have the Book of Reports as a PDF? Find it here!
Mosaic celebrates Earth Day
Please RSVP to Lori Baum at firstname.lastname@example.org or 972-866-9989.
The congregations of the Panhandle Mission Conference are gathering up used Lutheran Books of Worship (LBWs) at this Assembly to ship them off to Sierra Leone, as Bishop Tom Barnett has requested if we could help provide this resource.
If you have an extra LBW or two—or a couple of boxfuls!—please bring them to Assembly! We will have a “packing station” to pack the books into the right-sized boxes to send them on their journey across the ocean, for continued ministry.
This is not a budgeted item, so we are stepping out in faith that the $3 per book shipping fee will come along with congregational and individual donations.
Take the Purple Hair Challenge!
You make a donation or pledge to help us reach the $3 million goal for the DiscipleLife Alive! campaign before April 25, and Bishop Kanouse, Briarwood Executive Director Phil Geleske, Mission Council Vice-President Stephanie Varnum and other NT-NL leaders will dye their hair purple for the 2015 Assembly!
Are you ready to take the Purple Hair Challenge and make a donation to help us meet (and exceed!) the $3 million goal for the DiscipleLife Alive! campaign?
Mission Advancement is looking for an Associate Editor and a Manager of Digital Media Strategy.
Position descriptions can be found at http://www.elca.org/careers or by the direct links listed below. Both openings have closing dates of May 1.
Join us Saturday, May 2 at the new Mission Center for Briarwood’s annual Run for the Roses Gala! Click here for details.
You may purchase tickets at www.bidpal.net/briarwoodgala2015
Please note the mission office’s new address:
680 Copper Canyon Rd.
Argyle, TX 76226
Please note we will be discontinuing the use of the P.O. Box; all mail will need to come directly to the above address.
There are still giving opportunities available! Please visit NTNL.org/donate-now for more information on the new special gifting and naming opportunities for the Mission Center at Briarwood.
Upcoming Events in the NT-NL Mission Area and Beyond:
- Apr. 24-26: NT-NL Mission Assembly
- Apr. 24-26: ¡SINAI! Family Retreat: Mountains & Valleys at Briarwood
- May 2: Briarwood’s 2015 Run for the Roses Gala
- May 9: ALOA Senior Fest
- May 24-29: LSPS’s Spanish Language and Hispanic Ministry Intensive
- Jun. 7-12: Building Congregational Capacity for Hispanic Ministry (LSPS)
- Jun. 7-12: 2015 LSPS Level II Intensive: Misión en comunidad / Mission in Community
- Jul. 15-19: 2015 ELCA Youth Gathering: Rise Up Together!
- Sep. 13: “God’s Work. Our Hands.” Sunday
- Sep. 29: Table Talk: The Use of the Means of Grace with Pastor Kevin Strickland
- Oct. 9-10: NT-NL Synodical Women’s Organization Retreat
- Oct. 17: MEF “Seeds that Change” Dinner
- Oct. 26-28: 2015 Bishop’s Convocation with special guest Presiding Bishop Elizabeth Eaton!
- Nov. 2: Portico Pre-Retirement Seminar
- Nov. 3: Portico Early/Mid-Career Financial Wellness Seminar
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit them to Criss Forshay (email@example.com) for consideration for our next Briefings. Don’t forget to include a picture or logo!