This week we pray for:
Calvary in San Angelo (Pr. Kurt Fangmeier)
Grace in Slanton (Pr. Angelina Daniel, Pr. Les Lewis)
Leadership Formation for DiscipleLife
Join us as we observe 40 days since the shooting at Mother Emanuel AME Church in Charleston.
All are welcome; a meal will follow the service.
For resources on discussing racism, justice, and faith, please visit ntnl.org/anti-racism-resources.
A Training for All Rostered Leaders
The purpose of this workshop is to raise awareness concerning issues of sexual and emotional abuse, to provide tools for prevention that we can all use to protect ourselves and others from harm, as well as to promote safety and bring healing.
This training is offered by the TX-LA Gulf Coast Synod. The training will be offered at three locations:
- Houston, TX – Oct. 20 or Oct. 29
- Brenham, TX – Oct. 22
- New Orleans, LA – Oct. 27
Visit gulfcoastsynod.org/boundaries-workshop/ for more information.
Drop off your donations at the Christ Evangelical Lutheran Mission Center at Briarwood! See Mosaic’s wish list here.
Lutheran World Relief School Kits Needed
Why school supplies? To the children who receive School Kits, these supplies mean the difference between getting an education or not. Public school is usually free, but in the places where LWR works, even a few required supplies, like pens and paper, may be more than many families can afford.
And when parents can only afford to send one of their children to school, girls rarely get priority…yet the education level of mothers has the biggest impact on development.
To find out more, please visit lwr.org/schoolkits
The people of NT-NL have now raised $152,046.33 out of our commitment of $160,000 toward the ELCA’s goal of $15M—churchwide, we have raised $14.5 million!
Let’s help make malaria history! Designate a Sunday in August to be Malaria Day, raise awareness, share information, and raise funds to meet and exceed the ELCA’s $15,000,000 goal!
Find more information and resources to use in your congregation at ntnl.org/malariaday2015.
Looking for ELCA Malaria Campaign resources? Find them here!
Applications for the Domestic Hunger Grants due July 10
Visit elca.org/domestichungergrants for more information.
This retreat will provide reflection and guidance for all the baptized in living out your Christian vocation in the next stage of life.
Claiming Your Vocation for Life is part of Wartburg Seminary’s Learning for Life Events. The retreat is hosted by Lutheran Seminary Program of the Southwest, and will be held at Briarwood Retreat Center.
The Name Gathering Project is still collecting names of new and returning college students!
Please submit names at namegatheringproject.org before July 15.
Upcoming Events in the NT-NL Mission Area and Beyond:
- Jul. 11: Public Witness for Peace & Justice July Bible Study
- Jul. 15-19: 2015 ELCA Youth Gathering: Rise Up Together!
- Jul. 26: Service of Mourning and Repentance at King of Glory, Dallas
- Aug. 24-28: Mediation Skills Training Institute
- Sep. 13: “God’s Work. Our Hands.” Sunday
- Sep. 29: Table Talk: The Use of the Means of Grace with Pr. Kevin Strickland & Pr. Martin Seltz
- Oct. 9-10: NT-NL Synodical Women’s Organization Retreat
- Oct. 17: MEF “Seeds that Change” Dinner
- Oct. 26-28: 2015 Bishop’s Convocation with special guest Presiding Bishop Elizabeth Eaton!
- Nov. 2: Portico Pre-Retirement Seminar
- Nov. 3: Portico Early/Mid-Career Financial Wellness Seminar
- Nov. 15: Lutheran Campus Ministry Trivia Challenge
- Jan. 24-26, 2016: Tri-Synodical Theological Leadership Conference
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit them to Criss Forshay (firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration for our next Briefings. Don’t forget to include a picture or logo!