This week we pray for:
Umoja International Mission in Dallas (SAWL Absalom Nasuwa)
First in Longview (Pr. Jeff Borgwardt)
Food for children this summer
Saturday, May 30
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Lunch will be provided along with the good feeling that comes from helping a life changing ministry!
If you would like to help please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pavestone Blitz: the Return of the Bricks!
Thought you had missed your chance to leave your mark on the Great Cloud of Witnesses Walkway? Well, think again!
4×8 bricks are available to be personalized in honor or memory of a loved one, up to 3 lines of text, with or without a logo. Find out more here or download the paver order form here! Order deadline is May 31.
2015 ELCA Youth Gathering: Rise Up!
May 15th is one week away! What does that mean?
- Last chance to add new participants, cancel, complete a substitution, or edit your online account in any way
- Final registration payment must be received or post-marked (send to St. Louis PO box)
- Room list and deposit due to your hotel (send MYLE room list and housing payment to Chicago PO box)
- Indicate your transportation plans in your online account (under Congregation Details)
Get excited because the Youth Gathering is only 2 months away!
Remember to use hashtag #RiseUpELCA when posting about the youth gathering on social media!
Sunday, June 28
Briarwood Retreat Center.
Join other high school youth from the NT-NL Mission Area for a special presentation by TLU professor Dr. Phillip Ruge-Jones, Bible storyteller, who will bring the book of Mark to life.
The cost for this amazing presentation has been covered; $5 per person suggested donation is to help cover the cost of dinner. Register here!
Pack Your Bags for a Global Mission Trip to Tanzania
Habari gani or “What’s the news?” in Swahili is an important phrase to know if you are traveling to Tanzania, East Africa.
And the news is… Women of the ELCA Women Building Global Community (WBGC) travel seminar will take you to Tanzania Nov. 6-14, 2015!
Click here for more information. The deadline to secure your space is June 15!
Nepal Earthquake Congregation Resources
Thank you for spreading the word in your congregation about the work Lutheran World Relief is doing in response to the earthquake in Nepal. We will update our resources with information about LWR’s response as necessary, please go to lwr.org/nepalearthquake/resources to find congregation resources.
To donate to LWR’s Nepal earthquake relief efforts, click here.
A multi-denominational training event for contemporary worship musicians.
Find out more at http://tuneupgathering.org/
ANNOUNCING: The next ELCA “weeklong” Community Organizing Training
WHEN: August 9 to August 14, 2015 (Sunday evening through Friday afternoon)
WHERE: ELCA Churchwide Offices at The Lutheran Center in Chicago, 8765 W. Higgins Rd.
COST: $550 (fee includes training, lodging and meals, but NOT travel)
WHO: Anyone, lay or rostered, who wants to develop further as a leader and engage as the church in the public arena
Mark your calendars, spread the word, and stay tuned for more details and a registration link, coming soon!
There is a new way to raise funds for ELCA World Hunger. Design an individual or team event that’s all your own, set a goal and invite friends and family to lend support.
Join the fun! Create your own event and help us create a world where all are fed.
Applications for the Domestic Hunger Grants, funded by ELCA World Hunger, are now available.
Visit elca.org/domestichungergrants for more information.
Please note the mission office’s new address:
680 Copper Canyon Rd.
Argyle, TX 76226
Please note we will be discontinuing the use of the P.O. Box; all mail will need to come directly to the above address.
There are still giving opportunities available! Please visit NTNL.org/donate-now for more information on the new special gifting and naming opportunities for the Mission Center at Briarwood.
Upcoming Events in the NT-NL Mission Area and Beyond:
- May 24-29: LSPS’s Spanish Language and Hispanic Ministry Intensive
- May 30: Volunteer Day at Briarwood
- Jun. 7-12: Building Congregational Capacity for Hispanic Ministry (LSPS)
- Jun. 7-12: 2015 LSPS Level II Intensive: Misión en comunidad / Mission in Community
- Jun. 28: Storybook Beginning
- Jul. 15-19: 2015 ELCA Youth Gathering: Rise Up Together!
- Sep. 13: “God’s Work. Our Hands.” Sunday
- Sep. 29: Table Talk: The Use of the Means of Grace with Pastor Kevin Strickland
- Oct. 9-10: NT-NL Synodical Women’s Organization Retreat
- Oct. 17: MEF “Seeds that Change” Dinner
- Oct. 26-28: 2015 Bishop’s Convocation with special guest Presiding Bishop Elizabeth Eaton!
- Nov. 2: Portico Pre-Retirement Seminar
- Nov. 3: Portico Early/Mid-Career Financial Wellness Seminar
- Jan. 24-26, 2016: Tri-Synodical Theological Leadership Conference
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit them to Criss Forshay (email@example.com) for consideration for our next Briefings. Don’t forget to include a picture or logo!