This week we pray for:
Midland in Midland (Pr. Bob Barndt)
Trinity in Sherman (Pr. Craig Sturm)
Working for Peace and Justice
Nepal Earthquake Congregation Resources
Thank you for spreading the word in your congregation about the work Lutheran World Relief is doing in response to the earthquake in Nepal. We will update our resources with information about LWR’s response as necessary, please go to lwr.org/nepalearthquake/resources to find congregation resources.
To donate to LWR’s Nepal earthquake relief efforts, click here.
Lunch will be provided along with the good feeling that comes from helping a life changing ministry! If you would like to help please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join other high school youth from the NT-NL Mission Area for a special presentation by TLU professor Dr. Phillip Ruge-Jones, Bible storyteller, who will bring the book of Mark to life.
The cost for this amazing presentation has been covered; $5 per person suggested donation is to help cover the cost of dinner. Register here!
There is a new way to raise funds for ELCA World Hunger. Design an individual or team event that’s all your own, set a goal and invite friends and family to lend support.
Join the fun! Create your own event and help us create a world where all are fed.
ANNOUNCING: The next ELCA “weeklong” Community Organizing Training
WHEN: August 9 to August 14, 2015 (Sunday evening through Friday afternoon)
WHERE: ELCA Churchwide Offices at The Lutheran Center in Chicago, 8765 W. Higgins Rd.
COST: $550 (fee includes training, lodging and meals, but NOT travel)
WHO: Anyone, lay or rostered, who wants to develop further as a leader and engage as the church in the public arena
Mark your calendars, spread the word, and stay tuned for more details and a registration link, coming soon!
The Leadership Institute at Union Presbyterian Seminary has two great opportunities for those wishing to be certified in an aspect of ministry, or who just want to learn more about how to better serve in the church.
- Christian Educator certification hybrid course: Presbyterian Polity, Program, and Mission. This course begins at home on June 15 with at-home reading, online assignments, and conversations with peers, then concludes with three days at the Richmond campus, July 14-16. This course is taught by the Rev. H. Carson Rhyne, Jr., general presbyter and stated clerk of Presbytery of the James. The cost for the course is $295.00. Click here for more information and to register.
- Church Business Administrator certification through The Church Network (formerly NACBA): The entire two-week core course requirement can be fulfilled on the Richmond campus from July 21-30. Or, if you need just a few of the seminars, register for one week, or individual classes. The cost for the full two weeks of classes (8 days) is $550; for one week (4 days), $275; and for individual classes $85 ($170 for a two-day class). Click here for more information and to register.
And save the date for Seminary for a Day, September 26, 2015 on the Richmond campus!
Please note the mission office’s new address:
680 Copper Canyon Rd.
Argyle, TX 76226
Please note we will be discontinuing the use of the P.O. Box; all mail will need to come directly to the above address.
There are still giving opportunities available! Please visit NTNL.org/donate-now for more information on the new special gifting and naming opportunities for the Mission Center at Briarwood.
Upcoming Events in the NT-NL Mission Area and Beyond:
- May 9: ALOA Senior Fest
- May 24-29: LSPS’s Spanish Language and Hispanic Ministry Intensive
- May 30: Volunteer Day at Briarwood
- Jun. 7-12: Building Congregational Capacity for Hispanic Ministry (LSPS)
- Jun. 7-12: 2015 LSPS Level II Intensive: Misión en comunidad / Mission in Community
- Jun. 28: Storybook Beginning
- Jul. 15-19: 2015 ELCA Youth Gathering: Rise Up Together!
- Sep. 13: “God’s Work. Our Hands.” Sunday
- Sep. 29: Table Talk: The Use of the Means of Grace with Pastor Kevin Strickland
- Oct. 9-10: NT-NL Synodical Women’s Organization Retreat
- Oct. 17: MEF “Seeds that Change” Dinner
- Oct. 26-28: 2015 Bishop’s Convocation with special guest Presiding Bishop Elizabeth Eaton!
- Nov. 2: Portico Pre-Retirement Seminar
- Nov. 3: Portico Early/Mid-Career Financial Wellness Seminar
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit them to Criss Forshay (email@example.com) for consideration for our next Briefings. Don’t forget to include a picture or logo!