Strategic Direction, Goal One
Our strategic directions
ELCA Strategic Directions 2025 tells the story of the church we are becoming – a church that is confident about who we are in Christ and what God is calling us to do. The directions are presented in three parts: The ELCA – who we are; What unites us as church; and, Our goals and priorities.
Here’s a preview of the first goal: A thriving church spreading the gospel and deepening faith for all people
PRIORITY AREAS FOR ACTION:
Renew and strengthen evangelism
Renewal and formation of congregations and worship communities
Ecumenical dialogues and relationships
Mosaic Request and Action Alert
“Mosaic is a ministry dear to many in NT-NL. If they are concerned, we are concerned. Please pray for wise leadership, and advocate to ensure care for the most vulnerable in our midst.” – Bishop Erik K. J. Gronberg
Message from Mosaic:
As you may know, Congress is currently considering legislation that will greatly affect people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, including those supported by Mosaic and in our Rejoicing Spirits communities. You can learn more about the proposed legislation here.
God cares how we treat each other. Mosaic offers support to many whom society has pushed to the side and often forgotten or marginalized.
As the Medicaid debates are waged in legislative chambers, Mosaic and Rejoicing Spirits call congregations and faith communities to prayer. We seek God’s guidance for our leaders so that decisions made do not damage vulnerable people. We ask that God would awaken our commitment for the good of all and that we, as a society, would pursue justice beyond mere condescending charity.
These are urgent times of critical need for the people Mosaic serves. Please be prayerful in the days ahead. Thank you.
Reformation 500 event
Join King of Glory, Dallas, and Rev. Dr. Martin J. Lohrmann, Assistant Professor of Lutheran Confessions & Heritage, Wartburg Seminary, for a Reformation 500 event on Saturday, April 1, and Sunday, April 2. Click here for all the details.
Featured Resource for March
Save the Date
You are invited to Sunday Brunch Buffet at Briarwood. Come on out and bring your friends and family for a fun day and enjoy good food and plenty of it. Plan some extra time and enjoy a hike on the trails or turn the kids loose on the playground.
Enjoy this great brunch prepared by Executive Chef Carlos and assisted by Briarwood staff. We’d love to have you join us.
Reservations are encouraged but not required. For reservations, call 940-241-2099 (option 1) or e-mail email@example.com.
Brunch Serving time is 10:30 am to 2:00 pm.
Adults – $15.00
Child (6-12) – $6.00
Child (5 and under) – Free
Advertise in your church: Full Page Poster
Where in the world is?
- Mar. 22 – Speaking at Trinity Episcopal, Fort Worth
- Mar. 25 – Trinity, Lockney
- Mar. 26 – Gloria Dei, Lubbock
- Mar. 25 – Dallas Area Metro North Synodical Women’s Organization Retreat
- Mar. 26 – Rejoice, Coppell (25th anniversary)
- Mar. 21 – Eastern Conference meeting
- Mar. 22 – Adviento, Arlington
- Mar. 24 – Stewardship Team meeting, Synod office
- Mar. 24 – San Gabriel, Alvarado
- Mar. 26 – Faith, Flower Mound
- Mar. 26 – Umoja, Dallas
- Mar. 25: Dallas Area Metro North SWO Retreat
- Apr. 4-6: Young at Heart Retreat (Briarwood)
- Apr. 7-9: NT-NL Family Retreat
- Apr. 8: PLMA Spring 2017 Course 2
- Apr. 8: Public Witness Team for Peace and Justice monthly meeting
- Apr. 23: Briarwood Quarterly Brunch
- Apr. 27-28: Mission / Synod Council Meeting
- Apr. 28-30: 2017 Mission / Synod Assembly
- Apr. 29: Assembly Worship Service (open to the public)
- May 4-6: “Go Baptize, Make Disciples” Catechumenate Training Institute
- May 6: Briarwood Annual Gala
- May 13: Public Witness Team for Peace and Justice monthly meeting
- May 20: PLMA Spring 2017 Course 3
- May 20: Mission Endowment Fund board meeting
- May 28 – Jun. 2: Spanish Language and Hispanic Ministry Intensive I
- Jun. 10: Public Witness Team for Peace and Justice monthly meeting
- Jun. 11-16: Building Congregational Capacity for Hispanic Ministry
Access our full online Calendar here. Updates made regularly.
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit to the Synod office (MissionOffice@ntnl.org) for consideration for our next NT-NL News.
Looking for information in past NT-NL News? Find NT-NL News archives here!