Meeting the Need for Affordable Housing
What are we called to do as people of faith in meeting affordable housing needs in Dallas?
March 1, 12:30-3:00pm
King of Glory Lutheran Church
6411 LBJ Freeway • Dallas, TX 75240
Join us for lunch and a panel discussion with Councilman Chad West, Rev. Heather Mustain, Wilshire Baptist Church, and Saleem A. Jafar, President of Odyssey Residential. Take this opportunity to learn how we, as people of faith, can work together in meeting the need for affordable housing in Dallas.
Register and reserve your lunch online.
Childcare with reservation will be provided.
ALOA webinars feature a knowledgeable older adult ministry leader covering a single topic and providing information on available resources. All are free and last approximately 60 minutes. If you can’t be available for the live webinar, you can sign up, and they will email you a link to the recording and associated resources. Find out more and check out the archive of past topics on their website.
Nursing Homes: Quality of Life & Quality of Care, Part 2
February 27 – Noon ET
Alice Hedt, former Executive Director of the Coalition for Nursing Home Reform, provides a follow-up to her webinar on finding a quality care facility. In this session, Alice will explore how family members and residents themselves can promote quality of care and quality of life once there. Get resources and ideas so care can be person centered. Learn who can help you in the facility and outside of it if a resident experiences poor care.
There will be opportunities for questions. Register now.
The Lived Experience of Aging in Faith Communities:
Exploring the Perceptions of Support for Older Adults
March 12 – Noon ET
Dr. Lydia K. Manning, Professor of Gerontology at Concordia University Chicago School of Graduate Studies, is a gerontologist with a wide range of experience in the field of aging. During this webinar, she will present research on aging within a faith community and explore the perceptions of support for older adults.
There will be opportunities for questions. Register now.
Greece and the Greek Isles: In the Steps of Paul
You are invited to join The Rev. Nathan Strong (Grace, Carrollton) to grow in your faith and understanding of Paul’s journey throughout the region in starting and growing churches. Paul was confronted with many of the issues and struggles of faith that we still wrestle with as a church and as a people of God. The journey will include journey on land and a cruise. The pricing does include airfare, hotels, and two meals a day.
Visiting Athens, Corinth, Mykonos, Ephesus, Patmos, Santorini, Delphi, Kalambaka, and Thessaloniki
Bold Women’s Day—observed annually on the fourth Sunday of February—celebrates all Lutheran women who have acted or are acting boldly on their faith in Jesus Christ. Some women are bold in their unceasing prayers. Other women are bold in their service to those in need. Still other women are bold in their advocacy or through their hospitality. Whether we live out our bold story of faith in the workplace, family home or community, our faith compels us to make a difference in the lives of others. It’s all about living out our baptismal call, about being a disciple of Christ.
International Women’s Day, observed on March 8, 2020, is powered by the collective efforts of all. Collective action and shared ownership for driving gender parity is what makes International Women’s Day successful. Gloria Steinem, world-renowned feminist, journalist, and activist, once explained “The story of women’s struggle for equality belongs to no single feminist nor to any one organization but to the collective efforts of all who care about human rights.” So make International Women’s Day your day and do what you can to truly make a positive difference for women.
An equal world is an enabled world. How will you help forge a gender equal world?
Celebrate women’s achievement. Raise awareness against bias. Take action for equality.
Save the Date
Designed To Help You Improve Your Online Presence, Increase Giving, Grow Your Congregation, and Boost Member Engagement
Thursday, March 12, 3pm
Has your congregation ever struggled to keep up with Church technology?
Join our upcoming webinar to learn how to build a beautiful website designed to attract new members to your congregation, and better engage your current ones, in just under an hour! Yes, it can be done.
Hosted by NT-NL Synod Communicator Jason O’Neill and Andrew Dalamba from ELCA preferred partner Tithe.ly, in this webinar you’ll learn how to:
– Launch a beautiful, professional website in hours (not months), without needing to be a tech expert or have any coding experience
– How other ELCA congregations are increasing their giving by 15% and more
– How to more effectively engage your congregation throughout each week
– Free up more time for admins
– Solve technological pain points within your congregation
Register now to save your spot. See you there!
Recent Blog Posts
(https://www.ntnl.org/paul-quinn-college-allen-chapel-dedication/ – published Feb. 25)
(https://www.ntnl.org/visions-becoming-reality-across-nt-nl/ – published Feb. 25)
(https://www.ntnl.org/lutheran-campus-ministry-denton/ – published Feb. 24)
(https://www.ntnl.org/leadership-for-faithful-innovation-2/ – published Feb. 24)
(https://www.ntnl.org/resurrection-plano/ – published Feb. 25)
(https://www.ntnl.org/welcome-pr-moises-carrasquillo/ – published Feb. 25)
Where in the world is?
- Feb. 26: Ash Wednesday
- Mar. 1: Faith, Sagerton
- Feb. 27: Youth Leaders lunch, Grapevine
- Mar. 1: Our Saviour’s, Durant, OK
- Feb. 24: NT-NL Stewardship Team meeting
- Feb. 25: NT-NL New Start Table, Rejoice, Coppell
- Feb. 28-Mar. 1: NT-NL Peer Ministry Leadership Training, TBA
- Feb. 29: ESET (SSTE) Módulo 6 (Día 5 de 5), Argyle, TX
- Mar. 4: Generosity Workshop, Arlington, TX
- Mar. 12: FREE Webinar: Digital Church Tools For 2020 And Beyond, Zoom
- Mar. 12-15: Via de Cristo, Argyle, TX
- Mar. 14: Public Witness Team meeting, Arlington, TX
- Mar. 14: PLMA, Spring 2020, Course 1, Argyle, TX
- Mar. 21: Briarwood 2020 Gala: Adventure Awaits, Argyle, TX
- Mar. 22: ConFest 2020: Confirmands’ Afternoon with the Bishop, Dallas, TX
- Mar. 28: WELCA DAMN conference meeting, Plano, TX
- Apr. 4: ESET (SSTE) Módulo 7 (Día 1 de 5), Argyle, TX
- Apr. 4: HOT conference SWO spring gathering, Waco, TX
- Apr. 11: ESET (SSTE) Módulo 7 (Día 2 de 5), Argyle, TX
- Apr. 11: Public Witness Team meeting, Arlington, TX
- Apr. 18: PLMA, Spring 2020, Course 2, Argyle, TX
- Apr. 19-24: Ministerial Flourishing: Exploring the Meaning, Means and Practices, Navasota, TX
- Apr. 24-25: 2020 Synod Assembly, Dallas, TX
Access our full online Calendar here. Updates made regularly.
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit to Jason (firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration for upcoming NT-NL News.