ELCA Coach Training
Following up on the learning from our experience at NT-NL Leadership Convocation, we will be hosting an ELCA Coach Training event Monday-Tuesday, February 26-27, 8am-5pm both days. This will be an opportunity to learn more about coaching and begin the process (for those who desire) towards coaching certification. The event is limited in size and will be heavily subsidized by the ELCA and DiscipleLife Endowment Funds. The cost per person is only $100 for NT-NL members or $350 for all others. This cost will assist with materials and presenters and invites commitment from participants. Lodging options and costs are also available via Registration.
Briarwood Summer Staff Application
Plan now to join us this summer!
This year, our summer staff application process is online. Follow this link to begin the process.
The summer camp season for 2018 begins with staff training, starting on Sunday, June 3, and will go through June 15. The summer camp sessions begin on June 17 and end on August 4. Join us for a great summer with the theme ‘This Changes Everything!’
In her January column for Living Lutheran, ELCA Presiding Bishop Elizabeth Eaton reminds us that people who have no experience with the church don’t speak our language or know our stories. We need to find a new language to commend the faith clearly and genuinely. Read her column in English at http://bit.ly/2CFw2g6 and in Spanish at http://bit.ly/2F1Xz9O.
Featured Resource for January
Congregational Communications Tools for Easter / Herramientas de comunicación congregacional para Pascua
Save the Date
Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago (LSTC) Seminary Sampler
How Is God Calling You Into the World?
Have you ever wondered about Public Ministry? Or Seminary? Or both?
Come visit the Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago and find out for yourself what life is like as a seminarian!
Seminary Sampler is a three-day event designed for those who want to immerse themselves in what it means to be a seminarian in Hyde Park. In addition to experiencing all the activities of an individual visit, Seminary Sampler participants meet other individuals discerning a call to ministry, enjoy a meal in Chicago’s vibrant Greektown neighborhood, engage in conversation with LSTC’s president, meet the faculty, sit in on classes, and spend time with current students.
Seminary Sampler begins at 3 p.m. on Sunday and ends at 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday. Housing and meals during the event are provided; travel stipends are available. Spouses, partners, and parents are invited to attend.
For more information, visit lstc.edu/admissions or contact email@example.com.
Recent Blog Posts
(https://www.ntnl.org/why-am-i-in-the-holy-land/ – published Jan. 9)
(https://www.ntnl.org/celebration-of-outgoing-bishop-day-of-encounters/ – published Jan. 11)
(https://www.ntnl.org/consecration-of-the-new-elcjhl-bishop/ – published Jan. 14)
(https://www.ntnl.org/trinity-seminary-meets-latinx-ministries/ – published Jan. 9)
(https://www.ntnl.org/bosque-county-conversations/ – published Jan. 11)
(https://www.ntnl.org/trinity-clifton/ – published Jan. 11)
Where in the world is?
- Jan. 8-19 – Part of ELCA delegation to Installation of Bishop-elect Azar of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Jordan and the Holy Land
- Jan. 12 – Holy Trinity, Shreveport, LA
- Jan. 21-24 – Vacation
- Jan. 16 – Meeting with Austin Nickel, Hillsboro, TX
- Jan. 18 – NT-NL Stewardship Team meeting
- Jan. 19 – Spanish Coaching, Tampa, FL
- Jan. 20 – Installation of Bishop Pedro Suarez, Tampa, FL
- Jan. 19-21: Junior High Gathering
- Jan. 20: Hearing on the ELCA Draft Social Statement on Women and Justice
- Feb. 2-3: Synod Council Meeting
- Feb. 3: PLMA Graduation
- Feb. 10: MEF Board meeting
- Feb. 10: NT-NL African American History Celebration
- Feb. 11-13: Lutheran Legislative Event
- Feb. 24: Senior Fest 2018 (AOLA)
- Feb. 25-27: LSTC Seminary Sampler
- Feb. 26-27: ELCA Coach Training
- Mar. 2-4: Spring Retreat for 4th, 5th, & 6th graders
- Mar. 2-4: Peer Ministry (9th-12th graders)
- Mar. 9-10: The Role of the Church in Undoing Racism
- Mar. 17: PLMA Spring 2018, Course 1
Access our full online Calendar here. Updates made regularly.
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit to the Synod office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration for upcoming NT-NL News.