Flood Recovery in Louisiana
Our partners in the Gulf Coast Synod have asked us to join them to Pray, Serve, and Give. For more details, and to read the latest update from Bishop Michael Rinehart, click here.
Last Week to Apply
We have reposted the position for our Director for Evangelical Mission. It is open to both rostered and lay leaders.
This position represents the Domestic Mission unit in the territory of the Northern Texas-Northern Louisiana Synod and is responsible for engaging synodical leaders, structures and strategies in the formation and development of evangelical congregations, which reflect the purposes, principles and commitments of the synod, DM and the ELCA as a whole…. To read the full position description and to apply, click here.
Grant Guidelines, Application
The NT-NL Mission Endowment Fund seeks to support mission projects in the Northern Texas-Northern Louisiana Synod. It works much like a foundation: an endowment fund serves as its core; the principal is invested and only the income from the investment is expended annually to benefit special causes that might otherwise go unfunded and unrealized. Read the MEF’s 2017 Grant Guidelines here. Download the application here. Deadline: October 31.
In a holistic, whole church commitment by the ELCA, as a church in the world, AMMPARO was envisioned to accompany children today and in the future who are forced to flee their communities because of complex and interrelated reasons, including chronic violence, poverty, environmental displacement and lack of opportunities.
Save the Date
“Seeds That Change” Dinner and Fundraiser for the NT-NL Mission Endowment Fund
October 15, 4:00-7:00pm
Hosted by St. Luke’s (Richardson) and Oromo Ministries
Dinner, Silent/Live Auction, and Entertainment
- Sep. 23-25: Junior High / Confirmation Retreat (Briarwood)
- Sep. 30-Oct. 2: One Year to Live Men’s Retreat (Lutheran Men in Mission)
- Oct. 1: BRIDGES Book Club – First Gathering (Public Witness Team)
- Oct. 4: Table Talk: Recalibrating Expectations for Clergy
- Oct. 7-9: NT-NL Synodical Women’s Organization (SWO) Convention
- Oct. 8: Briarwood Fall Festival & Thrivent Cook-off
- Oct. 15: Parish Lay Mission Academy
- Oct. 15: “Seeds That Change” Dinner / Fundraiser (Mission Endowment Fund)
- Oct. 16: Lutheran Hymn Festival
- Oct. 17-19: 2016 Bishop’s Convocation
- Oct. 24: Get Ready for Wright (SMU/Perkins)
- Oct. 28: Now What? A Symposium on Repurposing (ELCA Mission Investment Fund)
- Oct. 29: Briarwood Invitational Golf Outing
- Nov. 15-17: Simply Wright: N. T. Wright @ Perkins/SMU
- Nov. 19: Parish Lay Mission Academy
- Nov. 20: Lutheran Campus Ministries Trivia Challenge (details forthcoming)
- Dec. 2-4: NT-NL High School Service Weekend
Access our full online Calendar here. Updates made regularly.
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit them to the Mission Area office (MissionOffice@ntnl.org) for consideration for our next NT-NL News. Remember to include a picture or logo.
Looking for information in past NT-NL News? Find NT-NL News archives here!