We are grateful for the good news we have heard coming from Liberia and Guinea, but the situation in Sierra Leone is getting worse. Please keep the people of Sierra Leone in your prayers, and remember them in your giving.
Find out more and make a donation at NTNL.org/ebola-crisis.
#ColoringFaith Twitter Chat
Tomorrow, Thursday, Dec. 11, at 8:00 p.m. CST, ELCA Young Adults (@ELCAYoungAdults) will host a Twitter chat on faith, race, and culture from young adult perspectives, using the hashtag #coloringfaith.
A “Twitter chat” is a conversation held via Twitter. People participate by adding a hashtag (a word with the “#” symbol in front of it—such as #coloringfaith) to their tweets, and they read the conversation by searching for the designated hashtag.
If you are new to Twitter, or new to Twitter chats, check out this quick how-to post on tweeting events for suggestions on the best way to follow a Twitter hashtag.
The building is nearly complete… but there is still more to be done!
We have listed landscaping, technology, and furnishing needs that still need to be met. Wouldn’t you like to have a garden area named after your family or congregation?
Please visit NTNL.org/donate-now for more information on the new special gifting and naming opportunities for the DiscipleLife Center for Mission at Briarwood.
New Braunfels, TX
God’s Story is a LOVE STORY, and it has captured the hearts of each of us. To tell it is to give life.
The Story is our life blood, yet many have let it flat line. Join us for theological conference this year as we get the blood pumping again!
Save the Date!
Family Retreat: Mountains & Valleys
Friday, April 24-Sunday, April 26
Join us as we wander into the wilderness, as we climb onto the holy ground of Mount ¡SINAI!, as we continue to journey with Jesus to discover who we are and whose we are.
Our journey to ¡SINAI! will also lead us to understand how to minister among and with youth, young adults, and families in the new generation.
Concurrent with the assembly, Briarwood will offer a family retreat. This be a time for families to explore together how they can support each other in their faith formation. The retreat will focus on Rich Melheim’s FAITH5 (Faith Action In The Home), and how those tools can help families as they embark on their faith journeys together.
Registration for both events will begin in January.
September 13, 2015
Upcoming Events in the NT-NL Mission Area and Beyond:
- Jan 7-9: National Conference of Sacred Music
- Jan 16-18, 2015: High School Extravaganza
- Jan. 24-25, 2015: Lumberjack Retreat at Briarwood
- Jan. 26-28, 2015: Tri-Synodical Theological Conference
- Feb. 20-22, 2015: Peer Ministry (for youth in grades 9-12)
- Feb. 21, 2015: Mosaic in Dallas’s 18th Annual Heart & Soul Gala
- Feb. 21-22, 2015: Lenten Retreat at Briarwood
- Mar. 27-29, 2015: Into The Wilderness: Intergenerational Men’s Retreat at Briarwood
- Apr. 21-May 8, 2015: In Search of Paul: An Aegean Odyssey A LEAD pilgrimage for rostered leaders and church professionals
- Apr. 24-26, 2015: NT-NL Mission Assembly
- Apr. 24-26. 2015: ¡SINAI! Family Retreat: Mountains & Valleys at Briarwood
- May 24-29, 2015: LSPS’s Spanish Language and Hispanic Ministry Intensive
- Sep. 13, 2015: “God’s Work. Our Hands.” Sunday
- Oct. 17, 2015: MEF “Seeds that Change” Dinner
- Nov. 2, 2015: Portico Pre-Retirement Seminar
- Nov. 3, 2015: Portico Early/Mid-Career Financial Wellness Seminar
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit them to Criss Forshay (firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration for our next Briefings. Don’t forget to include a picture or logo!