2015 NT-NL Prayer Partners
This week we pray for:
We are grateful for the good news we have heard coming from Liberia and Guinea, but the situation in Sierra Leone is getting worse. Please keep the people of Sierra Leone in your prayers, and remember them in your giving.
Find out more and make a donation at NTNL.org/ebola-crisis.
We are moving!
The building will be ready for us to move in shortly after the new year! As of January 20, the new address for the mission office will be:
680 Copper Canyon Rd.
Argyle, TX 76226
214-637-6865 • 940-241-2099
There are still giving opportunities available to finish out the landscaping around the building and to furnish the Streng Leadership Center.
Please visit NTNL.org/donate-now for more information on the new special gifting and naming opportunities for the Center for Mission at Briarwood.
As we sort through the over two decades’ worth of memories (and files!) in these offices, we may not always be at our desks or able to respond to email as quickly as we would like. Please be patient with us during the month of January as we pack up the office that has been our home since 1988, and settle into our new home at Briarwood, with our new neighbors!
You are invited to share in a day of challenge and opportunity for a lifetime!
Make Us Your Living Voice:
to be held at
Texas Lutheran University
February 6 • 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Guest speaker: Alexia Salvatierra ♦ Guest preacher: Dr. Ray Pickett
This conference is organized through the Congregation Initiated Community Based Organizing Task Force of the Southwestern Texas Synod (ELCA), participating congregations, and sponsors.
February 15, 2:00-4:00
Preston Meadow Lutheran Church, Plano
The Center for Servant Leadership at Texas Lutheran University is once again offering its College Bound Workshop: Understanding College Admissions and Financial Aid. This workshop is free and open to all, walk-ins are welcome.
Serving the global church is a great opportunity to engage with and learn from other cultures, travel and discover more about who you are as a Christian.
The Global Mission Unit is developing a recruitment strategy for members of the ELCA, especially members of ethnically diverse populations and those whose first language is other than English. Input from you will be the basis for the strategy. We are interested in hearing from all regarding what would make global service appealing.
The questionnaire is also available on the ELCA home page under Worth a Look.
New Braunfels, TX
God’s Story is a LOVE STORY, and it has captured the hearts of each of us. To tell it is to give life.
The Story is our life blood, yet many have let it flat line. Join us for theological conference this year as we get the blood pumping again!
Deadline extended through January 14! Register now!
Save the Date!
Family Retreat: Mountains & Valleys
Friday, April 24-Sunday, April 26
Join us as we wander into the wilderness, climb onto the holy ground of Mount ¡SINAI!, and continue to journey with Jesus to discover who we are and whose we are.
Our journey to ¡SINAI! will also lead us to understand how to minister among and with youth, young adults, and families in the new generation.
Concurrent with the assembly, Briarwood will offer a family retreat. This be a time for families to explore together how they can support each other in their faith formation. The retreat will focus on Rich Melheim’s FAITH5 (Faith Action In The Home), and how those tools can help families as they embark on their faith journeys together.
Registration for both events will begin in January.
September 13, 2015
Upcoming Events in the NT-NL Mission Area and Beyond:
- Jan 16-18: High School Extravaganza
- Jan. 18-24: Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
- Jan. 24-25: Lumberjack Retreat at Briarwood
- Jan. 26-28: Tri-Synodical Theological Conference
- Feb. 15: TLU’s College Bound Workshop
- Feb. 20-22: Peer Ministry (for youth in grades 9-12)
- Feb. 21: Mosaic in Dallas’s 18th Annual Heart & Soul Gala
- Feb. 21-22: Lenten Retreat at Briarwood
- Feb. 28: Eighth Annual North Texas Senior Fest
- Mar. 22: Brunch at Briarwood
- Mar. 27-29: Into The Wilderness: Men’s Family Retreat at Briarwood
- Apr. 7-9: Senior Citizen’s Retreat
- Apr. 21-May 8: In Search of Paul: An Aegean Odyssey A LEAD pilgrimage for rostered leaders and church professionals
- Apr. 24-26: NT-NL Mission Assembly
- Apr. 24-26: ¡SINAI! Family Retreat: Mountains & Valleys at Briarwood
- May 2: Briarwood Gala
- May 24-29: LSPS’s Spanish Language and Hispanic Ministry Intensive
- Sep. 13: “God’s Work. Our Hands.” Sunday
- Oct. 17: MEF “Seeds that Change” Dinner
- Oct. 26-28: 2015 Bishop’s Convocation with special guest Presiding Bishop Elizabeth Eaton!
- Nov. 2: Portico Pre-Retirement Seminar
- Nov. 3: Portico Early/Mid-Career Financial Wellness Seminar
Do you have news or announcements to share? Please submit them to Criss Forshay (firstname.lastname@example.org) for consideration for our next Briefings. Don’t forget to include a picture or logo!